If Only

~ Demi ~

            It was half past nine at night as we drove down some dark road in the middle of nowhere. My tour bus however was very much alive with sound. The light bulbs had been changed to green and red as music drummed through the air. Now if you're asking how can you crowd thirty people onto a bus made only for fifteen, well all I have to say is that it happened. I had been danced against and shoved so many times as we made turns every now and again I thought I was in the middle of an orgy.

            "Another drink my lady?" Robert slid a glass into my hand as I tried peering over the many people crowding me.

            "One more won't hurt." I quickly guzzled the drink down before tapping the man on the shoulder. "You did good."

            "Thanks, at least someone thinks so."

            Now you could say I was trying to hide from Selena all you want but that wasn't the case. She just didn't like the fact that I would drink every now and then. Its not like I was still smoking. I kicked that habit last year and didn't plan on going back to it. As Robert towered over me, I felt his arm press against my back. I don't think he understood the concept of sex with no strings. He was definitely getting attached to being near me.

            "Hey, go change the song." I yelled up at him, just as he gave me a silent nod. I watched him swerve in and out of the crowd before I pushed myself towards the front of the bus. My driver had been doing his best to navigate the road with us rowdy folk in back. "How's it going?"

            "I'm trying to follow the buses ahead of me." He signaled with his fingers as I leaned against his chair.

            "You think we can stop for dinner anytime soon?"  

            "Maybe in about another hour."

            "But that's like, in forever." I groaned, actually feeling the alcohol drift through me. I was fine. I was sure of it,  but when I wouldn't eat, the alcohol would catch up to me quicker.

            "I'll call ahead to see if anyone finds a place beforehand. I'll let you know."

            "Thanks dude." I went back among the group, thrusting my hips from side to side as cheers began to echo through the air. It was actually nice to dance off what was left of the tour's energy. For the most part, I was having a good time. Nick was cool with the interview earlier, and even found me and Selena's spat to be adorable. I for one, just wanted to know who she found attractive because none of these people would be worth her attention in a million years.

            "Go, go, go!" I heard someone chanting as I slithered my way through a few more people. Past the kitchen and into my back room, Selena stood actually chugging whisky. Well, taking shot after shot.

            "Whoa there big girl." I stood in front of her, placing my hand over the rim. "What's all this then?" My question had been answered by Nick who stepped over towards me.

            "She lost a bet."

            "What bet?"

            "That you were going to have Robert sneak you drinks."

            "What? I didn't drink."

            "What's that smell on your breath then?" Nick leaned into me. "Its not orange juice."

            "You're right. It's 'Shut the hell up.'" I faced Selena, my hand not wavering.

            "It was actually a bet on a card game." She signaled towards the small dresser I had with a vanity over it. "I lost, so I have to down five shots."