Part 1

I have landed on the soft arms of my mother , the one woman that i have looked up to ever since and before my delivery date . Her hands feel soft and tender as she played with my cheeks and my baby hair . I could feel my tiny hands moving as i tapped on my mother's face , i could hear the sound of myself crying as i begged to be lifted by her . In other words , i could feel my surroundings , i felt alive . My mother well , She is my lifeline and i am her joy. I saw the world for the first time as i lifted my eyelids , i saw my dad and my so called aunt . I was the center of attraction and i was so excited to visit my so called "home" , well the term home has always been familiar to me as my dad loved saying "come out soon , so we can take you home princess" back then when i was still developing. I saw my aunties and uncles from both sides of the family showering their blessings and gifts upon me , my mom was overwhelmed and we were expected to leave the hospital 3 days after the delivery day just like all other normal cases . However , in my case there was a 'plot twist' my mother's gynecologist , the other side doctors , and 3 nurses All dressed uniformly in white came inside my mother's room that was shared with three other ladies , because it is always cheaper to share a room rather then getting your own one as a VIP i came to know about this later , when i grew a bit older. 

Anyways, Back to the story these important people of the hospital industry , the doctors and the nurses seemed to be very agitated as if they had to inform something terrible to my family but were too afraid to face the consequences.I was taken away from my parents and all i could see was my mother crying bitterly and my dad sobbing . I was extremely confused what would you expect a newborn to understand? i was kept inside a glass box kind of a thing with 4 holes , 2 on each side. Apparently , in the medical world , this glass chamber is called an incubator. I was kept inside the incubator because i was a premature baby , 2 months early . My parents were aware of this , and they were ready to see their princess spending a month inside the box because this was the better option as my mother had complications during her pregnancy and the doctor adviced her to deliver as soon as she could . It was not the fact that i was kept inside an incubator that affected my parents yes, they were sad but this was not the main reason . The doctor informed my parents that i was born with a death causing disease known as 'birth asphyxia'. Which basically means , that i was deprived of oxygen as an infant and it could cause physical harm usually to the brain . And according to doctors , "the brain" itself is complicated , and the chances for survival was very less . 

I could see my mother , with all those vessels and infusion entering the special baby room where i was kept , she was dumbstrucked and starting crying she even fell down and everyone helped her as her body was still very weak. The doctors finally gave my family , a little ray of hope , and that was my treatment. They suggested some kind of a ventilator , respiratory therapy , fluids and medicines to control my blood flow and pressure and also to prevent seizures. Indeed , with all the facilities , a high price tag will always be attatched to it . It was beyond my parent's capacity to pay for it . At this crucial time , my parents were facing a huge financial crisis . They had no money for themselves and the hospital bills were settled by my mom's side of the family particulary , by my grandparents . On the other hand , my dad's side of the family was what they would describe as "show business" they are different internally and externally , they are different towards outsiders , and always tend to show everyone that they are the most harmonious ones while the truth of the content is the entire opposite. They were also not to blame , as they also had only a limited amount of money . But pulling in a certain amount from each member wouldnt actually harm them , wouldnt it? Afterall its about the life of their heir , me. But no , they didnt help , or support nor did they contribute a single penny.

 The bills were entirely settled and my treatment was allowed to begin . The people there , inserted a plastic tube like structure through my nostrils and the length of the tube extended and it went over my head , like a headband made up of a plastic tube. They also used something known as an ECMO , for life support that acts as a pump for babies. They had special medicines for me , and they dropped it gently on my mouth. My vision was blurry , im not sure if its the effect of the medicine or if it was just me . Premature babies always have a disadvantage , and my mother was informed that as i grow up , (if i do survive) , i have to be taken care of very gently even upto my teenage years as i would be extremely prone to diseases . I was kept in this condition , in the glass box for 30 days . And my parents did not leave my side for a single minute , they were there , outside my glass barrier . Crying and praying for my well being . I really wished i knew what a hug was at that time so that i could have given them one before entering this glass cage that was pretty frustrating. 30 days of constant struggle and complications was over. It was about time for me to finally arrive into my new house , my mom was extremely delighted when the hospital staff told her that indeed she is blessed as , usually babies with asphxia , die or even if they live , they will be disabled for a long time. The only complication i had was the fact that i can be attacked by any pathogen anytime , but my mother was very grateful as no bad omen fell upon me . I was taken home , finally after spending 30 days in the hospital prison . My house was not big , but it was spacious enough for me to roam around with my future toy car. I had a cousin , my dad's brother's son , his name is Jordan , and he is elder to me by 10 months . Initially , there was still harmony but my mom was already worried by the fact that i will have to face all the drawbacks of the family as i grow up . And all the advantages of being a boy will be enjoyed by Jordan, although my family claims to be 'not orthodox' but sometimes , they actually are. More then just being differentiated because i am a girl , the further disadvantage i will have to face is due to the fact that my parents and i were poor , and Jordan , and his parents were filthy rich. No one knew what trade did they involve themselves in , all that my parents knew was that , it wasnt a good trade as it involved some illegal goods shipment into and out of the country.