VI. Corner Shops, Crazed Fans, and Cigarettes

The short conversation I had with Abigail definitely lifted my spirits a bit, which gave enough energy to shoot the scene over again. When Mads tried to talk to me when we cut I walked out of the room as confidently as I could and walked out of the building.

*Bing* my phone buzzed. I took it out as I was following the road to a small corner store that I had seen when we were scouting this place out.

Sawyer: Hey where did you go???

Me: Went out to the little gas station down the road. Back in a bit:)

Sawyer: Well we're about to serve lunch

Me: BACK IN A BIT

Sawyer: Youre not going to buy cigarettes are you?

I didn't respond back to him. I followed the road for a couple more minutes before Sawyer started calling me.

"What do you want from me Sawyer?"

"You didn't answer my question." He sounded pretty annoyed but it didn't bother me.

"Yeah, I know, so you thought I would answer if you called me?"

"Babe, are you OK."

"Yes I am fine." I said with a Small huff growing a little out of breath from my increase in speed.

"You never used to lie to me about how you felt. Or at least you were a better actor."

I stopped where I was out of exhaustion and frustration.

Dang it, I really need to get into better shape.

"Sorry, it's just...you're not my father okay. You're the director and a friend. You can't keep telling me what to do with my life and how to do it." I tried not to sound like a huge bitch, but there are'nt many ways to tell someone they need to back off.

"....love you." I said trying to make him feel like saying I love you always did.

I could practically hear the smile on his face. "I love you too."

Five minutes down the road I reached the corner store and walked to breath the cool artificial air. I could smell the cleaner used to mop the floor, the hot dogs cooking in the machine and the lingering odor of febreeze coming from the bathroom.

There were a few people in the store when I had walked in but by the time I made it to the counter with my sweet tea and a pack of gummy worms there was only a couple that seemed to be in their mid twenties."Will that be all Miss?" The small man behind the counter asked with a smile on his face. I leaned over to see what was behind him and gazed upon the shiny packages of cigarettes.

"Are you intrested in buying one miss?" The small man smiled at me.

Don't do it.

My Id was yelling at me to not buy a pack but my ego seemed to have whispered louder.

"Yes, the Pall Mall please."

The man happily turned around to grab the orange package from the case when I started to hear whispers from behind me.

"Oh my God, Bill, I think that is the girl from 1953." The woman whispered.

"That doesn't look like her." He seemed to have stopped to look at me again.

"Not Elise, the other one. I think she's the daughter of the guy." The woman whispered lower and it was hard to hear the rest of what she said.

When the man rang me up and asked for his seven dollars and thirty-two cents I realized that I didn't have any money with me.