Ch16 : The Fun In Being Grounded

Start from the beginning

    They all stared at me with wide eyes. "Riley. . ." Lilly started.

     I turned to her. "No. Lilly, look, I'm sorry. I got mad and I wasn't thinking right. I'm not letting you take all the blame alone," I replied. She kept silent, clearly not wanting me to do this. I looked back at Liam, pleading, "I exaggerated the story to make Lilly look bad, when in reality I went into each decision with her without a thought as well."

     "Riley, you are amazing. Lads, I don't think they should get such a harsh punishment. At least just a month of grounding for 'running away'. Please?" Harry asked, helping me out.

     He walked over to me and stood by my side. Niall followed. So did the girls.

     We all looked at Liam, Louis and Zayn, waiting for them to give in.

     Moments later, they agreed.

     ~

     After a late dinner, I went up to my room. My clock read 11:00pm. I am exhausted. Longest day ever.

     I changed into my pjs, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and jumped into my comfy, cozy bed. I layed on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I thought about earlier today. Lilly and Calum seemed so close. It's obvious they like each other.

But Jake. He's nice too. And funny, sweet. His eyes were so clear. Chocolate brown. Almost like the since of Snickers. . . No, Riley, why are you thinking about boys? You're living under the roof of the most popular band in the planet and from this whole day, they only thing I can think about is Jake? Something is wrong with me.

Must be the concussion.

     Some rustling snapped me out of my thoughts. I stopped and listened. Nothing. Ignoring it ever happened, I shoved my thoughts to the back of my head, and slowly fell asleep.

~

    (Lilly's P.O.V)

     During dinner, I was the last one to finish, since I wasn't so hungry. I didn't agree with Riley for sharing the blame with me. It was clear to everyone I caused it all. Pausing my thoughts, I washed up the last set of dishes before dashing up the stairs and into my room. 11:35pm. It was so late, but I wasn't tired at all.

     I changed into my pjs, warm and comfy. I brushed my teeth and braided my hair. I grabbed my jacket, fluffy socks, and my journal before I walked out into my balcony. I stood on the edge and climbed onto the tree branch next to it. Reaching up one arm to grip onto another branch for balance, the leaves rustling as I froze, not wanting anyone to find me. Not hearing any footsteps, I continued to climb to the high branch I always sat on, the thickest branch on the trunk.

     The moon was out, the wind was blowing lightly, and the sky was dark black. I leaned onto the trunk, relaxing and feeling the wind. This wasn't so bad, I could stay here while I'm grounded.

     I took out my journal and my pen, starting to sketch. I didn't know what, just letting my hands glide over the page.

     A few minutes later, I finished. Using the moon's light rays, I looked at my drawing. It was an infinity sign with mine, Riley's, the girls and boys names on it. Adding a few details, like shadows and boarders, I heard movement behind me. I froze. Please, don't yell at me. My head was spinning with excuses why I was out here and not sleeping. I slowly turned around and saw the exact opposite of what I expected. Riley.

     I smiled sadly at her and invited her beside me. She climbed up carefully, since it was probably her first time on a tree.

     "Hey. Whatcha doing up here?" She asked. I shrugged.