10: full moon rebirth

Start from the beginning

     He let out a breath, nodding softly, "Wear something red," he said with a small smile, "Makes the boys drool."

     She let out a laugh, a smile resting on her features, as she took a step closer to him, her hand resting on his right shoulder as she walked past him, taking his leather jacket behind his back, the fabric filled with the smell of his cologne. She decided to take his advice, if she wanted to be happy, she had to move on from everything that had happened. "I forgive you."

     Derek's head snapped back, his eyes widened, "What?"

     "Bad things happen, there's no way to change that," she said, remembering what he told her, "I shouldn't have blamed it all on you. I'm sorry."

     "You don't have to apologize."

     Grace smiled, walking over to him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she embraced him in a hug. Derek inhaled sharply, hugging back after a few seconds. He buried his face on the crook of her neck, feeling himself unravel in her embrace. He missed her, he needed her as if she was the air he needed to breathe. His grip was tight around her waist, pulling her closer against him. It felt like an eternity wrapped around her, and he realized how much he needed her, she was everything he wanted, yet he couldn't have her. She was so close yet so far away from his grip, and he felt like he was never going to get her back, but he still hoped. He hoped that she'd be able to fill in the void inside him, to be the last piece of his puzzle, but he knew deep inside maybe they weren't supposed to be together, and he had to live with that, regardless of how much it pained him.

     She pulled away, her eyes closed, wishing everything was a dream. "Be careful," Derek said, making a small smile tug on her lips. She opened her eyes, looking up at him. She cupped the side of his face with her hand, a pained smile on her eyes as she stared into his.

     "Goodbye, Derek," she said, turning away from him with his leather jacket still intertwined against her arms. The hardest thing to say was always goodbye. It wasn't only a goodbye as she left for the party, it was a goodbye for everything they had. Every kiss, every touch, every song, they were all part of the past now. They were all in a room and she had just locked the door and there was nothing to be done about it. There was nothing now. And it was hopeless. How come everyone's happy ending always walked away from them? Well, that was life and he needed to accept that. He needed to accept that she walked away and the past was all locked away now.

...

     "I came, I saw, I made it awkward," Grace said, making conversation with Scott, Stiles and Allison who were at Lydia's party, who was full of people she didn't know. Allison laughed as she handed Grace a cup full of punch before walking away from the three of them, Grace chugging the pink liquid before letting out a disgusted groan, the liquid burning down her throat.

     "Hey, what are you doing here in a full moon? Aren't you supposed to be with Derek?" Scott asked, puzzled on his sister's behalf.

     "Do you see me turning into a homicidal monster yet? I better enjoy my last few moments before I start killing people," she said, making Scott's eyes go wide, staring at her, "I'm joking. Also, don't you guys feel that? Like there's something about to happen."

     Stiles and Scott's eyes widened as the looked behind Grace, "Oh shit, Jackson's here."

     "Um, you guys go handle that, I'll look for Allison," Grace said, walking through the crowds of people until she spotted Allison's braided hair, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion as Allison looked petrified, gripping at her stomach, "Woah, Allison, you okay?"

     "Y--yeah, I'm just... seeing things," she answered, Grace about to ask another question but being interrupted by a nauseous feeling in the pit of her stomach. She covered her mouth, running inside one of the rooms before vomiting on the toilet, her hair being held back by Allison.