And the car jumped over the bridge

Percy's P.O.V.

Today I knew, somehow the day was going to be bad. How? I woke up at exactly the opposite time of when you're supposed to wake up.

Around 9:30 pm to be exact.

I strained my eyes to look around in the dark. I was in a car!

"Huh?" I rubbed my eyes with the balls of my palm and tried to see who was in the driver's seat next to me.

"Sweetie, you're awake!" I heard the familiar voice of my mom.

I then realized we were in the car going home from a small weekend road trip.

"Sorry I fell asleep, mom," I said, remembering that I promised to stay awake through the whole ride home.

"No problem sweetheart!" She explained l, a faint smile on her face.

I looked out the window, it was pretty dark except the occasional street lamp.

"Where are we?" I asked knitting my eyebrows.

"We're going towards Gotham river, then we're going to go around Gotham and out another bridge towards New York. " mom answered. I frowned. Didn't Annabeth tell me that Gotham was one of the most monster-infested places in New England? I questioned myself, but being the careless person I was, I ignored that warning.

We were passing over a bright when my mom, slightly hesitating, spoke up "Percy, did you know I've been in Gotham before?" She asked.

"You have!?" I shot up in interest, questions running through my mind. Why would she be in Gotham? Did she come here recently? Did she visit Gotham with her parents? Did they use to live here? And much more. But I asked the one that came out first. "Why did you leave?"

"I don't remember dear, I just remember seeing the 'welcome to Gotham' sign as I drove away. I must have been pretty young." she finished. I could tell she was hesitating, with the way she glanced to the side and the small pause before she answered me. But I let it go. I didn't want to pressure her.

I was about to ask another question when I was very rudely interrupted by a car.

A car that was speeding straight towards us from the other end of the bridge, no stopping it. Mom gasped and stomped on the brakes, making us skid sideways. As we got closer, I got a better look at the car. It was a jet black with some kind of design at the front. It didn't seem to have anyone sitting in any of the seats. What the Hades?! I thought.

I looked over at my mom. She had her eyes clasped shut, jaw clenched, hands gripping the steering wheel like our life depended on it. (which it kinda did).

We were spinning around at this point, and I had a terrifying flashback to the time me, mom, and Grover -my best friend- were trying to get away from the minotaur and ended up crashing the car.

the last thing I remembered, my head bashing against the dashboard and going unconscious as we speed towards the rails of the bridge.

-------------------------------

515 words

Hello! thanks for reading my story! sorry for the kinda cliffhanger, but I wanted to get it published as soon as possible.

I'll try to get out chapter 2 by next week. And do you really think I own any of the beautiful characters in this story? If you do think so, well I don't. Bye!

-Danceingmeoth