Chapter 15- Losing Focus

Start from the beginning

"Look we coming back! They almost done packing chill! I will call you when we are half way home if that makes ya a** feel any better." Cadence huffed over the phone.

She lucky she over this phone....

"THANK YOU" I yelled hanging up. I was pissed they didn't listen. Here I am tryna protect they a** from this crazy ni**a and they just up and go like we ain't got a hit over our heads and I said us because we as much as in it too.

Nishelle

We were on our way back to the house with my Grandmother and Lindsey. I decided to ask Cadence what was all the commotion about while she was on the phone with what sounded like Cordell.

"Cade was that dell you was yelling at on the phone?" I said glancing back in the rearview mirror at her.

"Yeah he mad because we left without Big Mark."

"Oh y'all mean that big dark skin bald headed man that be checking and watching out for Lindsey and myself sometime?" My grandmother intruded in.

"Yes." I said to my grandma.

"But why he tripping it was quick! Not like someone gonna know I planned to get them! This was last minute. If he would have told me about "mystery man" earlier we wouldn't be out here right now!." I said disguising Katrell's name for the sake of Lindsey even though she was half way sleep.

We got back to the house safe and I settled my grandmother and Lindsey into their separate rooms. I headed back downstairs to see Cordell sitting in the living room looking tight. I walked over and stood in front of him.

"What's wrong with you?"

He turned the t.v off and got up and started walking downstairs pass me, ignoring me. I followed after him hot on his heels.

"Um hello I know you hear me talking to you!" I said back.

"I do hear you talking to me but I came downstairs so we wont wake the whole house! Relax." 

"Okay so whats the matter!?" I said.

"Why didn't you follow the directions I gave to you and Cadence when going out in public!!!? You do realize you got Katrell and God knows who else after you and ya families a**! I'm over here about to go ham because you feel entitled not to answer your phone!!! I'm tryna help you!!!" Cordell said disquieted. 

"I had Cadence with me! and if you would have told me about this earlier I would have gotten them in a much safer time of the day. You got me mad by not telling me!"

"No time of the day is safe Nishelle! These niggas don't care what time they see you. You gotta think more smart bae thats all i'm saying! We tryna protect you! I aint wanna tell you about all of this yet because i don't want you and the baby getting all worked up!!! 

ugh. I now understood now where he was coming from and I should have at lease let him explain..

"Baby i'm sorry. I'm just scared. And I hope you not participating in going after Katrell you not built for that life babe!"

Cordell sighed and sat down on our bed and then signaled for me to sit next to him.

"Bae I may not be in this game but I surely grew up around it so I aint afraid and I know how things go down. It's nothing new to me. Thats one. Secondly i'm not getting caught in the game this is a different situation I just wanna get justice for y'all thats all. I aint say i'm shooting and killing ni**as!

"Dell I be scared for you..especially when you wit Dre, chino and skittles."

"Babe thats not for you to worry about. Do you know who Dre is out here!" Trust me when I say we are protected if not overly protected. Don't you worry your pretty face over it. We got this and we got you. Your safe........That's if you obey the rules we give you and my hard headed a** sister." He said laughing and hugging me.