"Of course, the more the people the better it is." I quickly sign my name and fill out the information. I handed the papers back to Theo.

"I'll drop them off at the social services organization, who are going to hold the event for the kids." I thanked him and he was off his schedule on his merry way to his cozy home.

Every year this town holds a charity event for the orphans and the poor, so the wealthy people from the well known towns come over to donate. Even the very well known business men are sent invitation cards to help us donate.

Since Ashland is small and isn't in the prestige status it doesn't have much to offer to hold a big event, so the people in this town volunteer to work as servers, waiters, event planners, and chefs, and other work for free.

Last year was my first time volunteering as an event planner but this year I went for the waiter or any position they had to offer me. The only thing they spend money on is alcoholic and regular beverages, the invitation cards, and tables and chairs.

The food came from local resteraunts who cooked it themselves. They don't really have much decoration other than somewhat fancy table and chair covers, flowers, balloons, and candles.

People in Ashland are so humble and giving, money didn't matter to them all they cared about was helping one another. It was amazing and hard not to join their festivities or events. It was so different for me when I barely moved here, especially coming from a very rich, high standard and stuck up society.

Luck was on my side for the first time, that night the night I escaped from my nightmare, desperately hoping to find something better in life when I hopped on a random train station praying it would lead me to something better, something life changing.

And it did. When I landed on Ashland's soil, I finally took a calm breathe of freedom.

I handed the discharge papers to the patient and took care of other stuff the doctor bossed me around with, and I was finally going to call it a night. 

It was 11 O' clock at night, when I was walking home. It wasn't safe to be alone at night that's what Marla is always telling me but I felt save when I was walking through down town. Lights for thanksgiving and holidays were bright and lit up everywhere so It didn't really scare me because a lot of young boys and girls were hanging out at this time since it was Friday night.

There was ankle deep snow on the ground but apparently it didn't stop them from having fun. It was freezing cold for me so I was speed walked to my apartment.

                                                                              ~*~

Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeeep!

"What the fu-OW!" I quickly take my pierced fingers that are in pain off the annoying blaring alarm, and put them in my mouth to relief the pain.

It was Saturday, which meant no work for me today. Then why the fuck is the alarm beeping at 7:30 a.m? I groan and remembered I set it for the help at the orphanage home.

I carefully turn the alarm off, trying not to pierce myself again with the needle pins. Which were attached to the alarm. They help me wake up either way - to pierce myself or to either avoid my self from getting pierced and run to the bathroom.

Most of the time I slept late with drowning myself in thoughts or when I am just feeling low, which results me into sleeping through my alarm for work. To avoid that mistake I taped needle pins on my alarm to prevent me from snoozing it.