The party - 1

🔹Colton Bertenelli🔹

"Dad, do I have to go?" I gritted my teeth. I hated parties especially wedding parties, to see the people that I care about ruin their lives. Parties were like stifle carnivals filled with loud music and with everyone's laughter. People chatting non stop and women throwing themselves at men.

Typical women.

I looked at my dad through the mirror, while fixing my tie, hoping to slip out of this one. Dad had an amused look on his face, clearly enjoying my annoyance. He knew how much I hated all of this. "Yes, son you have to go, you have no choice."

Of course I didn't, whether my dad made that clear to me or not, I never said no to him. This was more of a social gathering for business rather than a wedding reception for my father. I always respected my dad, loved him to death. He gave me everything I ever wanted; from materialistic things to the amount of love and care that had no price. He raised me into a man that even I am proud of.

"Hurry up kid, I don't want to be late. I'll be waiting in the car." Dad stated while he walked out of my room.

"I'll be out in a minute." I quickly got my phone and keys and shoved my wallet in the back pocket of my pants. Once I put my black coat on, I was out the door.

Receiving a text from my best friend, Alex, telling me to hurry up and make it quick. It was Alex's cousin, Andrew's, wedding party that his older brother, Jake, threw for him since he missed out on his wedding. Jake simply loved to party, that was just another excuse to throw a party. I ignored his message because I arrive at the place, parking the car right outside the banquet Hall. I toss the keys to the valet, while fixing my coat we were greeted by two men at the door. Giving them a nod, I walked in like I owned the place.

Roaming around the embellished grounds I see kids running around, ladies dressed in fancy dresses. My eyes caught a certain one, because of the amount of makeup she is wearing, I grimaced. If I get my credit card and run it along her cheeks, it will collect so much of her foundation.

A hand slapped my back, regarded me away from the lady who wore 10 pounds of makeup.

Turning around I was met with a mesomorph figure of Jake's. His dirty blonde hair gelled up in a neat fashion and his blue eyes crinkling from the sides cause of the big smile he had on his face.

"Hey man, you finally made it." Jake said with a grin that I wanted to wipe off. I gave him a small nod with a handshake.

"Yeah, no problem man. Welcome back, how was your trip to Thailand?" I asked just to be polite.

I had no interest on hearing his bullshit about his business trip. All he ever talked about was girls anyway. Jake was older than Alex, but the most immature and annoying dude I ever came across. I just nodded at him here and there and threw in a 'yeah?, that's good' just so he knew I was listening to him.

My eyes caught Alex's, sighing with relief, I gave him a signal with my hand to come over. When I looked over at Jake that Idiot cut his sentence in half, not that I cared, and instead he was checking a girl out who was passing by us. The strong whiff of her bitter perfume hit my nostrils, and I had to scrunch my nose and forehead in order to prevent a headache.

She gave a smirk to Jake and sent a wink my way, as she passed by. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. I gave Alex a bro hug, and talked to him until I told him I needed to go and get my self a drink.

Sitting at a bar and enjoying my drink, which was my third martini. I was distracted in my thoughts, until I heard noises of jingles, and the smell of floral - waking my senses up - pass right through me. It was very soothing, uplifting, and sensual. When I turn a little bit in my seat to check I see long, silky, strands of curls bouncing up and down in beautiful waves.