Chapter 11: Do Y'all Know Anything About Baking?

A/N; originally this was titled "Baking with Thomas" but that's boring so enjoy this ::)) also, sorry about there being vague descriptions about actual baking and shit, we haven't learned it yet (i try to use what i learn in school in here so it's more accurate), and sorry it's awkward.  it's more of just a filler.

The sense of warmth had woken me up. It was just the sun shining through the blinds. I rolled over, looking at the pile of items and remembered yesterday. I hadn't felt it at first, but when I arrived home, Washington's lecture had subsided and grounded me for the weekend. You could tell it was his first time grounding because he still agreed to allowing me to go to Hercules' house to bake something - we hadn't decided on anything yet. As I was stripping for the night, I felt a hardness in my sweatshirt pocket and continued shuffling around. Eventually it clattered on the ground.

It was the mermaid eyeshadow palette that that kid, Charles, had shoved into my bag. That fucking mall cop. I hated Marvin with a passion at this point. Wasn't this supposed to go into evidence? My heart sank. This wasn't supposed to happen. I would have hoped that Marvin saw more in me than that.

I had picked up the palette, shaking. My blood boiled inside of me and my head hurt, like someone had been banging against my head with a jackhammer. I don't know what came over me, but the next minute, the palette was smashed and glass pieces littered the floor while I stood, sobbing and leaning toward the bed.

I shook the memory, not wanting to remember. I sighed at the broken powder next to my bed, and the shards of glass that were bound to bite my ass if I didn't pick them up. Not exactly caring, I walked out of my room, zombified.

The kitchen was dark and quiet. I hadn't bothered to turn on the light. I leaned against the counter, sharp edges digging into my hip bones as the coffee brewed. I closed my eyes and soaked in the darkness - let it seep into my body. Not moving, just enjoying the lonesomeness. I allowed the sound of the coffee brewing and filling up my mug to fill the air.

The light switched on.

I opened my eyes and Washington stood in front of me. His arms were crossed and his face was set hard. He still wasn't happy about last night, but there was something else in his face.

"You're fifteen."

Staring at George, I nodded. "And you're drinking coffee?" Again, I nodded. I maneuvered around him, to open the fridge. The bright light stung my eyes, but I grabbed the cream and sugar, adding them to the drink, stirring the concoction for my consumption.

Washington shook his head. "You're going to be the death of me, Alex." I winked.

George now leaned against the cool countertop. His knuckles were turning white. Either the pressure was too much, or he was tightly gripping the countertop. "So, what time are you going to Hercules' house?"

I took a long sip and looked at the time over the top of my mug. "Um, around 11:30." Realization dawned on me. "Oh! Fuck! 11:30!"

"Language. And what time is it now?"

"11."

"Jesus Christ, Alex. You really need to be more aware of time. Speaking of which, you need to be on time to my class, mister."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, fine. Whatever. May I go get dressed now, so that when Martha comes to pick me up she doesn't have to wait?"

George waved a dismissive hand. "Fine. Go."

I downed the rest of my coffee and raced up the stairs to ready myself for the upcoming day. John texted me they arrived and I was pretty much running out the door, pulling my pants up while I practically ran into John's sister's car.