"Oh!" She stopped and turned around walking towards me. "Here! There was mail for you in front. I was coming in so I took it." She said and handed me a small brown envelope. I smiled at her with gratitude but before I could say a thanks she was out of the door while yelling a 'good-bye' which came out muffled because of the apple in her mouth.

I handed the empty cup to Marie and stood up from my chair to turn around and walk upstairs. "I'll better go look after them because I'm sure they are not doing their homework." I said to which Marie laughed.

Surely paper planes were flying around by the time I reached their room. I shook my head mumbling 'Kids!' under my breathe.

**

Buzz.. Buzz.. Buzz..

I picked up my phone from the coffee table, my lips lifted in a smile as I read the name of the caller. Sliding the answer button I pressed it against my ear whilst keeping the laptop aside.

"Well, look who finally decided to call!" I drawled out with a mocking voice. Laugh dripping from my each word. I could imagine him rolling his brown eyes at me "You could've called too." He said. "You are a busy man now, my call will end up going to your voicemail so I don't call." I said to which he only chuckled.

"I missed you!" He sighed over the phone.

"Missed? So we are speaking in past tense now, are we?" I asked with a mock sternness in my voice. "Jesus Saph!" He sighed heavily "Fine! I miss you." He said and hissed the 's' like a snake making me laugh. "I miss you too Caleb." I said. Somehow I managed to keep Caleb away from my problems because he was facing a tons of his own. I was feeling guilty about it since we promised to never lie or hide something from each other but I assured myself by telling that once I find a firm and permanent solution, I'll tell him.

"How are you?" He asked followed by a yawn. "I'm good, how are you?" I asked back. "As good as I can get." He replied. His voice seemed off and I know something was bothering him. I thought it was something work related but that didn't stopped me from asking. "What is bothering you Caleb?" He didn't answer for few minutes and I thought he slept until I heard him sigh heavily. "It's late Sapphire. I should probably go to sleep. Give the twins my love. Bye!" He said and disconnected the call. I looked at my lockscreen that had the picture of the twins and frowned.

Okay.. what was that all about?

I shrugged and let it slide. I'll ask him when he calls me again. I was torn away from my thoughts when I saw Ian walking downstairs with a pale look on his face. Beads of sweat trickled down the side of his face. Immediately concern surged through me and I was walking towards him.

As if sensing my presence, his eyes immediately landed on me. He rushed towards me and pulled me closer to his chest. My heart stopped beating at that moment. It took a minute for me to realise that Ian's arms were wrapped around me in a possessive way. He sighed on my hair like he was relieved to see me there.

Part of me wanted to push him away but the other part of me was jumping in joy. I was feeling happy, content.... complete. As if my hands had a mind of their own, they lifted and I found myself hugging him back. Ian stiffened a little but immediately relaxed. His shirt filled my fists and I inhaled his cologne.

At that moment everything else seemed to vanish. It was just us, holding each other in their arms. I could feel his erratic heartbeat under my ear and I was aware of mine too. They were in sync. He held me so gently, yet firmly that it swelled my heart. Nobody has ever held me so dearly, not even Caleb. Yes, his hugs were warm but they never made me aware of my heartbeat just the way Ian's hugs were making me now. I couldn't even imagine what his kiss might.....