Awkward Moments

Zacznij od początku

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

Faith looks at me for a second before stepping in.

"Well, you're acting a little saner than I thought you would, B."

Buffy gives Faith a strange look.

"Why? Because I'm not freaking out about finding my sister in bed with her girlfriend?"

Her words make me kinda nervous and I rub my neck as I say what's next.

"Uh... pretty much?"

"I will admit that it's not on my top ten lists of things to see before I die... again, but the main reason I didn't want you sleeping in the same bed was because I was worried about walking in on the two of you while naked. So if you said there weren't any acts of nakedness, then I guess I don't have a reason to be angry."

Uh, all right... I didn't expect her to say that.

"It's a little disappointing to know that you both decided to disobey my rules. But otherwise, I'll be all right."

Faith puts her arm over my shoulders for a second and kisses me on the side of the forehead. After which she heads over to the table and sits down.

"Works for me, so what's for breakfast?"

My sister walks over to the fridge and rummages around for something.

"Eggs..."

She must really be okay with this whole thing. I didn't think she would be. This is the first time that I've asked Faith to stay over since we've been together, and usually when something like this happens, Buffy freaks out and yells and stuff. She didn't do that this time though. It's strange. Then again, I should probably remember that old saying, it's bad luck to complain about a good thing. Or I think that's an old saying. Maybe it's just something somebody said once. And having my sister not freak out over finding me and Faith in bed together is definitely a good thing. So maybe I'll just shut up and enjoy it.

Walking over to the kitchen table, I sit down in my usual seat, which just happens to be next to Faith. I reach over to Faith and put my hand on hers, which has her smiling at me.

"Yeah, I guess I could go for some eggs."

Buffy looks my way for a second with a disapproving look.

"Good, because if you want anything else you're making it yourself."

The two of us at the table kinda laugh at Buffy's comment. We enjoy a less than comfortable silence for a while as my sister starts making breakfast.

"So... Dawn, are you going to that college seminar after school?"

Crap... I was kinda hoping she'd forgotten about that.

When I don't say anything, both Buffy and my girlfriend look at me. Unfortunately, Faith is the first to speak.

"There's a seminar after school?"

"She didn't tell you?"

Faith shakes her head and I know I'm in for it if I don't say something.

"Well, you know, it's... it's for... for Stanford, and you know how I feel about going there."

Buffy sighs heavily while she puts a pan on the stove and turns on the burner under it.

"It's a good opportunity Dawn."

Not this again...

"I know it's a good opportunity Buffy. But I really don't want to go there. It's too far away and I wanna stay close to home."