Hells True Form

Sorry for the wait. I had finals to study for and wait for it....PROM!! eep I was so excited and it was an amazing night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

Using my old track phone I made a call.

It rang for a few seconds, "hello?" a female voice responded on the other line.

"Maggie?" I asked hesitantly.

"Rue? Rue is that you!" she yelled into the phone excitedly.

I winced, "yes it's me."

"You idiot! I was so worried because you didn't call me!" she scolded.

I shook my head, "Maggie I just got here like 2 hours ago."

"You should have called me when you got off the plane missy!"

I exhaled loudly. She was so caring towards me and it never failed to make me feel guilty that I wasn't nicer to her.

"So how is it? What is your dad like? What does the -," I cut her off "one question at a time will you?" I asked half joking.

"To answer your first question- it's hot, like really really hot," I answered.

I could see her rolling her eyes, "well duh it's LA! I meant how's the place you're staying? Is it safe?" she asked worriedly.

I looked around at my grand room and my king sized bed. Plopping myself on the edge I answered, "It's amazing her honestly. Apparently James is loaded so the house is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life."

"No kidding? But who's James?" she asked.

"Oh that's my father's name- James Steele," I replied.

"Ohhhh," she responded, "Hey Rue?" she asked calmly.

"Umm yes?" I asked slowly.

"They aren't treating you bad are they? I mean if they are you can tell me," her voice was caring yet serious.

"They're treating me just fine Maggs."

"Good," she affirmed, "If you need anything just call me ok?"

Mhm," I muttered. We said our goodbyes and then the line died suddenly.

"The minutes on this track phone have expired. To purchase more minutes call our service line at-"before the message could be delivered I hung up the phone. I sighed tiredly. It wasn't worth putting more money on it. I'm sure the Steele's had a house phone somewhere.

Laying back on the bed I readied myself to go to sleep, but saying and doing are two totally different things. Everything I drifted I was bombarded with images of the one thing I wanted so desperately to forget. So I did something I used to do when I was young when I had nightmares. Something I hadn't done in years.

I counted sheep and let me tell you it worked every time.

My eyes squinted and I moaned in delight. That was by far the best sleep I had ever had in my entire life. I didn't have any kinks in my back or any pains in my neck. I was going to close my eyes to try to get some more sleep when a knock came from the other side of the door. I ran a hand through my unruly hair and sat up slowly.

"Come in," I muttered sleepily.

The clicking of heels resounded on the wood floors. Looking up I saw that it was the woman from yesterday, HIS wife. What was her name again? Jenny, Jenna, Jackie, Jordan....