Chapter 2.

Previously on Polar Opposites

Treyveon Williams

The family of Adrienne Williams?" The Doctor said.

We all walked over to him and waited for him to give us the status of my mother.

"We removed all of the glass from her body but sadly she lost too much blood, I'm terribly sorry." The Doctor said.

My family broke down in the waiting room. As for me, I feel like my heart just shattered into a million pieces. I just lost the number one person in my life.

Please wake me up from this terrible nightmare.........

2 weeks later

Today was the day of the Funeral and I honestly wasn't ready for it. I never thought this day would come. I mean of course everyone goes eventually but I never thought so soon.

I walked down stairs and waited for my dad and brother. Moments later, my grandparents came and we all went to the church together.

All throughout the service everyone was giving us their condolences. I just sat there silently. After we buried her, we all came back home.

My dad hasn't said one word to me. I didn't do anything wrong. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me out. I just don't know what the problem is.

Next week

I finally came back to school and it feels weird. I met up with Courtland and Naseem in the Cafe. "Hey love bug." Courtland says as I walk up to the table.

"Hey y'all, wassup?" I asked as I sat down between them. "How you feeling baby boy?" Naseem asked me while eating his cereal. "I'm okay I guess. I mean I really do miss her, the house feels empty without her there." I said truthfully shedding a tear.

Courtland wiped my tears away and hugged me tightly. "Listen, even though she's not physically here, she's always here." She said pointing to her heart. I smiled at her and thanked her for cheering me up. It made me happy to know that I can talk to my friends about any and everything.

The bell rang signaling us to go to class so we all went to our separate ways to our first periods. As I was walking I felt a presence behind but I ignored it.

I was walking past lockers with my binder and my Psychics book in my hand when all of a sudden, it's slapped out of my hands and to the floor. I gathered my things and tried to hurry to class until Christian stopped me.

"Why you in a rush Lul bitch you hurrying to ya Lul dick appointment?" He teased me. I remained quiet and tried to move but he slammed me into the lockers. I hissed in pain as he held my arms.

"You answer me when I'm talking to you." He spoke darkly to me. "Christian get the fuck off of me, I have to go to class damn." I spoke harshly to him.

"Imma let you go now, but Ian finished with you." He said before he punched me in my back hard. He walked away and I gathered my things once again and headed to my class.