Scratches and Bruises

Start from the beginning

Having finished with your left leg, he moved onto your right leg. Considering your statement, Lucian worked on your leg before stopping for a brief moment. He looked up at you and seemed to analyze your hardened gaze. A small smile worked its way onto his face while his eyes softened in their stare.

"You're really something, you know that _____. Wanting to stand by me ... yes, that is what I want" he paused before a more serious look crossed his purple orbs and he continued, "However, if I should let you come, then you must promise me that you'll not stray from my hold. You must never leave my sight, for I do not wish for one of those council pigs to even lay a finger on you."

"Why would I want to disappear from your sight when I have so many potential threats around me? Of course, I'll stay by the only one I trust."

Softening his gaze once more at your comment, he turned his attention back to your wounds and completed his care on your right leg. Once done, he pulled down your pant legs, allowing your legs to be covered once more. Next he moved onto your feet after removing your slippers. His soft touch on your skin almost made you ticklish, but you held back the slight laughter and waited for him to finish. Placing your slippers back on your feet, Lucian glanced back up at you. Seeing him done, you were ready to get out of your chair and head up to bed, but he rested his hands on your shoulders and pushed you back into your seat.

"What are you doing?" you questioned, wondering why he wouldn't let you leave your seat.

"All your wounds haven't been finished yet," he stated simply while pointing at your torso.

Realizing what he meant, a deep crimson color dashed across your cheeks and you found yourself wrapping your arms around the area. Due to your present embarrassment, you could only manage to shake your head in protest.

"Are you worried that I will judge you based on your appearance? You know that I wouldn't do that."

"I ... I mean ... can't I just drink a potion from Pastel, or let the wounds heal by themselves?"

"Yes, but you'll be in pain for longer. Are you really that embarrassed? It's not like I'm going to see anything, unless you forgot to wear undergarments."

"What!? No, I didn't forget them ... it's just ... it's just that I'm embarrassed alright!" you said a little too loudly, feeling your cheeks burning bright.

"If it worries you that much then I'll have Pastel prepare a potion for you," Lucian stated while standing up.

"Thank you," you muttered, feeling a wave of relief wash over you before you stood up as well.

Merely nodding in reply, Lucian began to walk out of the dining room with you following him, though you first quickly finished the remainder of your tea. The two of you walked to the potions room where you found Pastel rearranging potion bottles on the shelves. Hearing you two enter, the nezati turned towards both of you, as his face seemed to brighten. Swiftly, he climbed down the shelf and jumped onto the small stone table.

"Welcome Master Lucian and Miss ____. How may I be of assistance?" he asked in a cheery manner with his high-pitched voice.

"____, needs a potion for some bruises on her body, so just a standard healing potion will suffice."

"Alright, forgive me for questioning you Master, but when did you start calling Miss ___ by her name? I mean I'm glad you decided to; it took you long enough," the nezati stated in the most innocent voice possible.

At first you thought you were imagining things, but when you looked again, you realized that your eyes weren't deceiving you. Lucian did indeed have a light blush on his face. You never thought you would see such coloration on his cheeks. A smile tugged at the corner of your lips while a light laugh escaped your mouth. Lucian coughed awkwardly, brushing Pastel's comment aside and telling him to just find the potion. Pastel soon returned with the desired potion and handed it to you. The rounded bottle was clear and contained a glowing blue liquid that grew darker in coloration towards the bottom of the bottle. It was sealed with a cork cap. After Lucian signaled for you to drink it, you took off the cap and put the bottle to your lips and let the liquid run down your throat. To your surprise it tasted like raspberries, making you smile at the taste. Giving the empty bottle to Pastel, he placed it on the table and waited to see if Lucian needed anything else.

"That will be all Pastel," Lucian stated before turning around and waiting for you to follow him.

Waving goodbye to Pastel, you trailed behind Lucian while questioning how long it would take for the bruises to go away. He answered that by tomorrow afternoon they would be healed. Nodding in reply, you continued to follow after him down the hallway. You watched him take a left, meaning that you would be sleeping in your room tonight, which you were fine with and preferred. Your mind traveled to what happened before the two of you went to Calalannia Woods and your cheeks instantly heated. Would something like that happen again? With Lucian you never knew and the thought of something like that occurring again only made you more nervous. Part of you wanted to share another passionate kiss with him, but another side of you was afraid that he would judge your inexperience with such matters as childish and beneath him. Your thoughts were interrupted by Lucian addressing you, as he continued to walk up the stairs to your room.

"It would've been quicker if you had just let me heal you."

"I know that, but you know my reason Lucian."

"You really shouldn't feel embarrassed. I'll be seeing your torso in the future anyway," he mumbled to himself as though you couldn't hear him.

Halting your movement at hearing his words, you looked up at him and asked, "What ... exactly do ... you mean?"

Turning around and locking his gaze with you, he stated in a calm voice, "Why I intend to wed you, _____."