Mist under the Leaves of Pink

Almost as soon as those words left your lips, the creature broke contact with you and stood up. Staring down at you, it smiled an invisible smile before disintegrating into nothingness. The mask slid from your face, resting on the rocky ground beside you. With the creature now bound to its new identity, the identity that it held all along, you found yourself still unable to get up. You felt as if you had been drained of almost all of your energy. Even with the creature no longer stealing your life force from you, you still remained quite immobile. Figuring that the effects from the contact between the creature and you would not halt, you cast your gaze onto the gentle clouds above.

You had saved your life, but you needed to recover; you were just too weak at the moment to move. Thus as the sun shined on your weakened form, you noticed that a soft breeze ran down the canyon, calming you even further into sleep. Before your (e/c) eyes closed, you felt raindrops hit your tired face and heard them splash on the rocky ground around you. A peaceful smile rested on your face, when you slipped into unconsciousness, though in your exhausted state, you didn't realize that the landscape around you was falling apart.

As the scenery began to collapse, the barrier to the tunnel fell apart as well. Lucian was leaning against the wall by the door, waiting for you to return. When he heard the door open, he was expecting you to emerge, but instead only the barren dark tunnel greeted him. Worried, he narrowed his eyes and examined the tunnel more. Hearing the multiple heavy objects fall to the floor in the distance, his concern increased. He wanted to run down the tunnel and check on you, but he was hesitant due to thinking that the barrier was still up.

When the support around the door to the tunnel began to fall apart, he knew that something was wrong. With no more hesitation he ran forward and was relieved to know that the barrier had fallen, for otherwise contact with the barrier would have meant death. Thus he increased his pace to a full out sprint, charging down the smoothed rock tunnel. As he ran down the barren area, he dodged falling rocks and hoped that you were okay.

After fifteen minutes passed, he reached the canyon and tensed at seeing the scene before him. Pieces of the canyon wall fell, crashing against the ground in a loud rumble. The once perfect arches were no longer present and the water filled path could no longer be seen. Lucian scanned the area for any sign of you and when he didn't see you, he charged into the chaos. Utilizing magic, so that he could maneuver over the rocks easily, he focused his gaze on what lay ahead. Stopping on a fallen rock, his eyes widened at seeing your unconscious body lying on the rocky cliff.

Quickly, he jumped down and went over to you, checking your form for a pulse. When he found one, he sighed in relief. Noticing the mask piece at the side of your face, he picked it up and set in his pocket, making sure that it was secure. When it rested safety within his jacket pocket, he picked you up bridal style, hoping that you would wake up soon. Seeing the flame sword on the ground nearby, he managed to snap his fingers, making it disappear.

Glancing down at you, he wondered what you had gone through to get the mask piece. When you awoke he would ask you, but he knew that you had taken on no easy task. Proud of you, he kissed your forehead gently before opening a colorless portal on the ground. Jumping into it, he took you back to his mansion. Right as he left and the portal closed, the cliff broke off from the canyon, as rain fell onto the ruined space.

While Lucian brought you back to the mansion, you felt yourself wake up, though you woke up in an unexpected place. You found yourself standing on the edge of a pale green grassy cliff. A mist hung over the area while cherry blossom leaves fell from the cherry blossom tree that stood on the cliff's edge as well. Confused, you began to wonder if you were really awake. Pinching yourself hard, you winced slightly before you found yourself still standing on the cliff. Maybe you were awake, maybe in your sleep the canyon turned to its original form. The only issue with that idea was the fact that there was no canyon behind you, just an endless sea of pale green grass and mist.