Wattpad Original
There are 12 more free parts

foreword + trailer

TRAILER

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

EPIGRAPH

"How fragile we are, between the few good moments."

Jane Hirshfield

"We make each other alive. Does it matter if it hurts?"

Ingmar Bergman

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

SYNOPSIS

           Rowan Underwood wasn't looking for his big break. In fact, all he wanted was peace and quiet and money on his bank account—that's why he says he accepted this damn job as a ghostwriter for the chancellor of a too prestigious university. That and how he must have been out of his mind when he dragged himself all the way over to Canada.

          The job pays well, though, so he really couldn't care less about missing nights of sleep to work on a book no one will know he wrote—all he really cares about, at the end of the day, are the dollar bills weighing down inside his wallet and how his book appears to mirror events that have haunted the town for several years (they say it's on purpose. Rowan is not too certain of that).

          That and how some things he writes end up becoming reality—weeks, even days after he writes them.

          If there's anything Rowan is hoping for, it's to not have anything to do with the body that washes up on the beach—even though other people seem to think he does, even his own handwritten notes.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

DEDICATION

         To Simone, for obvious reasons. Thanks for always believing in me.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

CONTENTS

this book and 'project oxygen' are linked and share characters, frequently referencing each other, but can be read as standalones

references to twin peaks. you don't HAVE to watch the show, but there will be spoilers

canadians

coffee addicts

character deaths

an unreliable, pretentious and sometimes dislikable narrator

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER

          DISCLAIMER: my characters' opinions don't necessarily reflect mine.

          This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, corporations, establishments and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

          COPYRIGHT © 2017 CATERINA GEORGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

          No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. Feel free to quote it, but give me the proper credit.