Chapter 25

Marinette was still in disbelief.

Did that really happen? Did something she had only dreamed of since she was fifteen finally happened just the day before.

As if the phone call of her sobbing mother and her proud father congratulating her, she would have told anyone who predicted that moment that they were totally insane!

Hell, she was almost convinced that it was a dream.

Adrien didn't give her the time to grasp it, in a matter of hours he was off again, and Marinette didn't pay mind to where he went, all she could focus on was the heavy weight of her finger.

She felt like a queen, every now and again she would see a sparkle, and it would throw her off completely. She could not stop staring at the ring.

She had always known deep down that she was his, and he was hers, but this sense of accomplishment was somewhat different than she could have possibly imagined.

The whole world would know, the whole city would recognize Adrien as her husband, and she had the paperwork that would soon validate something she had only hoped would happy, beside the unexpected miracle that was Louis of course.

Marinette could barely hear Ayla rambling beside her about the new house Gabriel had given to them, and she can faintly hear the radio she had turned on to keep Louis occupied.

"I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you girl!" Alya piped from next to her, the soft bell of her voice finally ringing in Marinette's ears pulling her out of her prolonged trance of bliss. Marinette could then hear the sound of the beat, the music playing a catchy tune of the radio.

"To be honest...I can't believe it either." She murmured, her blue eyes looking up to watch Louis' body sway to the beat of his favorite song.

"I'm not dreaming....right?" She looked at Alya, with a slight daze. Marinette could feel Tikki squirming in her pocket, ready to just pop out, and celebrate. Even though Alya knew about her identity as Ladybug, she didn't want to overwhelm her with the presence of Tikki. Marinette worried it would be more confusing on Louis, and she had worried about Louis possibly telling all of his classmates that she and Chat Noir were his parents.

That was a little talk Marinette made a mental note of to talk to Louis about when he was older.

"Well...."Alya reached over to grab Marinette's hand and brought it up straight to her face so the ring sparkled in her eye.

Marinette sighed, watching it, letting it all sink in.

"I think I''m going to cry..." Marinette spoke, her voice quivering, something she had not wanted or intended it to do.

Alya chuckled and she leaned on Marinette.
"Me too, girl."

Marinette blinked away a few tears that threatened to ebb down her rosy cheeks and she sniffled slightly.

She closed her eyes and she leaned on her best friend. She smiled slightly and she took in a deep breath.

"You ever think you could be that way with Nino? Get married...start a family...or like...you know.. the other way around the way me and Adrien did it?" She asked, attempting to lighten the mood but then found herself blushing with embarassment.

Marinette blinked as she heard the loud gulp from Alya who pulled away almost immediately after Marinette had even asked the question.

Her brown eyes widened and a deep blushed surfaced to her beautiful tan skin and blessed her round cheeks almost instantaneously.