Chapter 28 : What's going on?

En başından başla

He turned around and stared at me.

"I don't want to answer you but seeing how pale you're looking, I think it's better to answer you so you won't faint." he chuckled.

Hearing him say he would answer my questions and hearing his laughter made me feel a little calm. I had loads of questions that I didn't even know which to ask first. I asked the first few that came to my mind.

"How did Mama agree?"

"What are we doing here?"

"Why are we here?"

"I told you I have my ways." he said with a small smile.

"You just said you will answer my questions." I whined and put on my best puppy dog face.

"You're right, I did. "he surrendered.

"Check your fhone."

I reached out for my phone in my skirt pocket and opened it.

"What should I check for?"

I roamed through my call logs, whatsapp and some of my pictures.

"I can't find anything." I cried out. But just then I saw a little message notification.

'Salama Alaikum Hameeda. How was school. I know you are tired after the long day at school but Malam Dauda needs to take Najib to danburmai market to buy some habbati sauda for me. Thank you.'

"Wow Habbati Sauda! How did you know Mama likes Habbati Sauda?"

"She once asked me if I knew where she can get it. So I called her and told her I found a flace but I don't have a ride."

"You are a little bit clever." I said with a laugh.

"Only a little bit?"

We continued walking to God knows where while making small talks.

"May I ask you something too?"

I looked back at him and nodded my head. He sounded somewhat nervous and somehow afraid.

"Who were you talking to earlier on?  I am sorry to intrude. You don't have to answer it if you mind really." he said all in one breathe.

I laughed before saying, "it was nothing just Khaleed my closest cousin,"