Chapter 23:And when the right time comes, we will make everything right✔️

Life had been so hectic. With so many exams going on, I hardly had time for myself or time to think of other things including Umar.

Thankfully, I had just three more weeks to my final paper, end of my life in secondary school. I couldn't believe it. I was so excited and happy. I couldn't wait for that four months break before I start university. The four months which I would only sleep and eat.

Writing my final full stop, I submitted my paper and ran out of the hall. 'Wow!! 17 papers down 7 more to go', I thought as I approached the door. I was greeted by a hug immediately I stepped out of our examination hall.

"Yasmeeeeeeen!!!!!" I exclaimed.

"Hameeda how are you?" She greeted shyly.

"Alhamdulilah,"

She smiled her beautiful dimpled smile that Uthman died for and continued walking besides me.

"So how's all the exams," She asked. Yasmeen was a class below me.

"Some are okay, others are so hard, I am telling you, it's not easy, I can't wait to be through with secondary school,"

She laughed and we continued walking. As I was dumping my books in my locker I caught a sight of Bilal and Uthman coming to our direction.

"Bye Hameeda, see you tomorrow," Yasmeen quickly muttered trying to escape Uthman.

"You are going no where," I said as I dragged her back.

"Come on Hameeda, I am in a hurry, my mom is waiting for me," she lied.

"I will go and greet your mom then,"

"Okay I am lying, Umma is not here," Before she closes her lips, Bilal and Uthman were right in front of us.

"Hello Meedos!"

"Assalamu Alaikum Hameeda,"

"Wa alaikumus Salaam Uthman, Hi Bilal" I  greeted back. Yasmeen stood quitely behind me. I dragged her again and made her to stand beside me.

"Oh Yasmeen how are you?" Bilal asked while Uthman stood numb.

"I am good alhamdulilah," she answered shyly.

I could see her glaring at Uthman from the corner of her eyes. Uthman and Yasmeen were best of friends about a year back and I suspected both of them liked each other. I didn't know what happened but for the past six months they stopped talking to each other and even about each other. It was so sad because of how I used to dream of them marrying each other and even thinking about how their kids would be so cute. I badly wanted them to get married to prove to the world that one could marry his age mate/classmate/schoolmate and live happily. Because Hamdan and I didn't work out, I wanted theirs to.

"I think two little birds need to talk," I sang as I motioned for Bilal to give the two of them space. I begged the two of them to talk and solve their issues before walking away from them. 

Bilal and I walked a few feets away from them. We leaned in his locker pretending to be talking but both of us were interested in Uthman and Yasmeen's conversation.

"If you have nothing to say I really need to go home," I heard Yasmeen 's voice.

"Excuse me, you are the one that suppose to talk. Don't you have anything to tell me?"

"I don't," She turned back to walk away but Uthman stopped her.

"If you don't then I have a lot to say,"

" I am all ears,"

"I miss you," he breathed out. She turned around looking at him straight into his eyes. Her eyes turned soft and she muttered softly as well.