Chapter Twenty five

There are times when your no matter how many times people try to make you feel included you just don't belong. The things they once said the things they once said is constantly echoes in your mind. That is how Jaime felt as he was leaning up against the wall just watching the others have fun. He's felt a bit lonely knowing that he could never be apart of that. That thought just made his blood boil his anger rise and that once awarkward calm patient Jaime was becoming more and more of a memory. 
"Hey your not going to join the party?" Similar hair and green eyes almost seemed as if they smiled at him.
"Why Wally o thought you don't like me so why do you care now?" Jaime said a bit hostile crossing his arms.
"I I don't hate you. I just don't trust you? That scarab controls you so dont blame me for being a bit"
"Judgmental" Jaime cut in.
"No" Wally looked towards the ground finding the perfect words. "A bit protective" Jaime rolled his eyes and began to stare some where that wasn't Wally's face.
"But thanks"
"For what?" Jaime said surprised to even hear anything remotely similar to an thank you.
" you helped me talk to Dic- I mean Nightwing. So thanks I'm grateful for that" Wally smiled and even though it seemed forced he placed and hand on Jaime shoulder and smiled before running off.
"Hey I see you and Wally are getting along" Bart said grinning holding a cup of punch in both hands before handing Jamie one.
"It's not like that he was just scolding me again" Jaime protested.
"Yeah I doubt that you guys seem like you were having fun"
"I guess your mind is playing tricks on you too much of those Chicken Whizee"
"Chicken whizzes are good for you"
"Right" Jaime said sarcastically. They both share a laugh.
"So what took the pro claimed fastest person alive to get two cups of punch?"
"I just got side tracked that's all"
"Yea-" Jaime stops cold as only a Moan of pain escapes his lips as he's drops his cup falling to his knees.
"Jaime!" said voice filled of worry
Causing the rest of the team to turn there way. Meghan and Superboy are the first to run towards them. "Bart what's wrong!" Meghan say stern.
"If I'd knew I would tell you"
Meghan starts to try to reads his mind find out what's happening before Superboy stops her hand. "Conner we don't have time for this Jaime could be big trouble he needs us"
"Yes he doesn't need someone going through his mind" In the mix the their auguring Bart watches in horror as Jaime face starts to drain in color.
"Guys shut up! He's getting worse" Bart yelled and for once he sounded serious.
Jaime would've smiled at Bart protectiveness but currently his heart quicken and his breath stiffen. The room was all of a sudden spinning.
'Funny really you tried so hard to get rid of me' Jaime yelled out in pain.
"Jaime" whispered attempting to comfort him. "What's wrong? You have to us you have to tell me if you want us to help"
'It's ironic for a short time I'd believed I'd felt human. For a short time I thought I was having fun. I'd almost forgot what made me hate humans but not anymore." Jaime head began to throb as more screams escapes his mouths.
"It's Khaji Da" Jaime finally manages to says.
"How I thought you silence him"
Nightwing turns to him. "He what how would he even do that?"
"I don't know he met this beetle and he-"
"Why didn't you say anything before!" Nightwing almost yelled at him. Bart flinches " he told me not too that he can't trust you and I don't blame him."
It was in that moment when Jaime eyes turned yellow and his scarab covers him as he rose from the ground. "Jaime are you okay?" Bart asked with hope that everything was better. Instead he gave him an evil smirk in that moment Bart heart almost stopped he his face his smirk reminded him of the future. "Jaime you are okay right?" Bart repeated and when now blue beetle showed him no signs he shook him. As he watched his hand turn to a sonic gun he blasted the room making everyone cover their ears.
'I'll have you hurt the one you love' scarab voice ranged through his head. As he slammed Bart to ground standing above his now unconscious body as blood began leaking through his head. Then he flew away far away.