Chapter twenty one

A/N I hate only updating once every Friday so I'm going to change it to twice a week.

Jaime and Bart was getting ready for bed as Jaime placed some cover on the floor Bart watched him a bit sad that he had to sleep on the floor. "Are you sure you'll be fine sleeping on the floor?"

"Yeah Bart we went over this already. Besides where else would i sleep." Jaime said making a makeshift bed with some extra covers and pillows. As Bart watched leaning slightly off his bed  he was interested since he'd never saw it before but he also felt guilty.

He's staring at you? Scarab informed. Jaime smirked as he quickly turned around pulling Bart into an embrace. "Jaime i wasn't-"

"Shh" Jaime stopped him placing a finger on his mouth. "It's fine really just go to sleep Bart okay." Jamie smiled.

"Okay" Bart agreed he turned and laid inside his bed. Letting his thoughts take over him. Bart let out a sigh. "Goodnight Jaime"

"Goodnight Bart. Sweet dreams."

"Yeah sweet dreams"

...

Bart began to twist and turn in his bed. His dream taking over him. It was the same dream he'd always had.

The land was vaccid leaving nothing standing. All the buildings had been destroyed. Only a few people lived. This particular day in Bart dream he was holding an very heavy machine that .... Blue beetle wanted for some plan. He felt his knees grow weak as he callasped to the ground the others salves watched him some mumbled things about him thinking he couldn't hear him. None of it was kind but Bart was used to it. He looked up as he saw Blue beetle staring down at him. "Get up! Did i tell you, You could rest." Bart only glared at him. "Did we ask you to destroy our home.!" The other slaves around him sighed. An evil smirk appeared on his face. "I see you still have a mouth on you. Let's found out how many screams it'll take to shut you up" Blue Beetle said while grabbing Bart as he tried to fight back but he was far too weak. His eyes wide filed of fear he looked around and all he heard was the other slaves talking.

"When will he give up?"

"He just making it harder for us"

"I guess that what happens when your parents are killed"

Bart eyes grew dull and his attempts to break free grew cold as he stopped in his tracks.

"What you'd lost your spunk?" Blue beetle questioned.

"I'm a hero." Bart whispered with his hands closed into a fist.

"Not anymore you're not you're just another salve." Bart ignored his words as he turned around to face the other slaves. "We're all heroes so why don't we stand up. Why d-"

Bart speech was cut short when Blue beetle slammed his hand into his head letting Bart fall to the ground as his head starting to bleed. Bart kept talking "We could stop" Bart words staggered as the slaves watched in horror some in disbelief other ignored him and continued working but none of them helped him when he reached his hand out. They just watched him telling him it was useless and he should stop. 

.....

Bart eyes shot open and he saw Jaime shaking him awake with a worried look on his face. Bart eyes soften at Jaime's face the sight of it brought comfort to his mind and heart he thought as he'd reached his hand out to touch it. He wasn't sure why maybe he wanted to make sure he was real and he wasn't still dreaming. "You're you" Bart said not noticing how red Jaime's face became. "Yeah hermano. I'm me. Are you okay? Scarab said he'd sense a disturbance. Are you having a nightmare?" Jaime asked placing a his hand on top of Bart's.