Chapter Fifteen

It was an month ago I was sitting on the couch alone. Working on my first case I remember how excited I was that Bruce finally thought I was ready. Since I knew he was trying cope with an loss of a robin, a son. Despite that fact I worked on it at mount justice i'd never felt a strong connection with them. I just joined since i would be able to spend more time Dick but that rarely happens since he's so busy. I told myself that and buried myself in the little work that I had. Then Superboy also known as Kon-El know by only close friends of his. Sat next to me i'd stiften but continued my work.

"If you don't want me to sit here all you had to do was say so." Surperboy said. Normally I would've told him to leave but Dick told me to make friends. "Um no it's okay you don't have to." Superboy smiled "Well that's good i'd always thought you was weird always being by yourself or getting stood up by Nightwing." I'd sighed. "Is it that obviously"

"Yeah. wait don't tell me you didn't think so." I could hear the playfulness in his voice which seemed to have calmed my nerves. "Actually yeah i'm really good at hiding things." I said proudly. I was the disciple of batman after all. "I guess that what happens when you're trained by the batman." Superboy said his name in a mocking way. "Hey i'll take Batman over superman any day" after a long serious stare we both started laughing. "Hey you're pretty fun to hang around." Superboy stated.

"I don't remember saying i wasn't" 

"Then how about you and me hang out."

"Sure" I'd closed my laptop and for the first time I'd stopped working to have fun. "Where to" I'd asked.

~~~

Present time

"Let's go to the movies!" Bart yelled.

"Will the movies even be open at this time?" Tim asked Bart.

"Oh right i guess not" Bart said with a hint of embarrassment. "What do you think Kon-El?" Bart asked.

"How about the arcade?" Kon-El suggested.

"Oh that sounds so crash let's go there Tim." Tim looked as if he was about to disapprove of  the idea."come please you like games don't you" Bart said in an almost begging manger with puppy dogs eyes. Tim Sighed "Fine."

They began walking to the arcade after Tim changed out of his uniform but he put on some shades being that superboy didn't know what he looked like when he wasn't Robin Tim was on the left bart was in the middle and Kon-El was on the right. There was an awkward silence that Bart tried to take away but he even couldn't fix the tension between the two. Bart moved towards Kon-El.

"Hey Kon-El?" Bart asked

"Yeah"

"What's with you and Tim you guys seem like you would be great friends." Bart knew this was an invasion of privacy but couldn't help the tension and Tim and Kon-El was his best friends.

"Well" Kon-El turned away looking a bit embarrassed. "It's my fault that Tim is mad at me."

"How?" Little did Bart and Kon-El know Tim was listening he was trained with Batman so of course he would be.

"Well we was friends his view on life interesting to say the least."

"And" Bart said impatiently

"Wait i was getting there" Kon-El says.

"Hey if you saw the world in slow motion you'll say the same thing."

Kon-El looked at Bart with a confused face. "Anyway. I wasn't at the headquarters for a while and i guess they got worried and went to look at me. Or should i say Tim. I'd never knew I meant much to anyone after-"

"Were here" Tim cuts off Superboy. He didn't want to hear that part of the story but his skills were too great. He boasted to himself but he was happy he had a friend like Bart. He was nothing like Superboy and was happy for that. Bart glanced at Tim he looked out of it. So Bart just cut his and Kon-El conversation short. "Hey Tim what game do you want to play first?" Bart said walking towards him. "Hmm i'm not sure I don't really play games."

"Really then i'll teach you it'll be so crash!" Bart said excitedly dragging Tim to one of his favorite games. Kon-El followed behind them slowly. It was a fun day and Tim quickly became good at the games there and eventually letting loose. Hours went by. Then Bart got a text on phone while watching Tim beat someone at an arcade game. He went to check it and his face seemed to glow when he realized it was from Jamie. He texted

'Hey Bart. i'm just got out of school. It was a boring day. How was yours.

Bart smiled at his texted and quickly responded back.

Hi Jamie. School sounds fun though i'm sure it wasn't that bad. I'm just at the arcade with Tim and Kon-El.

Don't say that until you try it. Who?

I mean Robin and Superboy sorry i'm not used to using secret identities. I wish.

Tim won against the poor soul easily he turned to see Bart engulf with his phone with this goofy smile. He sighed. "Bart i'd won" Bart quickly looked "Oh that's great i'd knew you would win i'd trained you of course" Bart said proudly before turning back towards your phone.

"Who are you texting anyway" Kon-El asked.

"Jamie"Tim and Bart said simultaneously Bart looked at Tim embarrassed his face was completely red. "I don't talk to him that much!" Bart claimed. "Why don't you go talk to him in person" Kon-El said seeing the blush Bart tried to hide. "I would like to but what about you too." Bart looking concerned. "We'll be fine" Kon-El reassured him with an glaring Tim standing near him. Tim knew what Superboy was doing but he wanted Bart to be happy that's what friends do. "Yeah we'll be fine" Tim said trying to get Bart leave. Bart ran towards Tim hugging him. "Thanks. Tell me if anything happens." Bart said sending Kon-El a look. Who again responded with an innocent look. Once Bart was out of sight Robin sat down at a table. "What do you want?" He said avoiding eye contact. "I wanted to apologize" Superboy said. Robin didn't respond nor did he look at him. "Look i know what i did was" Superboy stopped as if he was looking for the words to say. So Robin finished it for him. "What Rude, Back staber a horrible friend" Robin spat. Now looking him in the eyes Superboy was shocked but stayed silent he wanted to let Robin get things off his chest since last time he stood quiet."I thought we was friends that's why i came to find you i was"  Robin stopped for a breathe. "I I was w-worried about you. I wanted to help you but you didn't see that." Robin said in a whisper before leaving some money on the table to pay for the food they gotten and left. Superboy sat there stun he knew this would happen and he took a deep breath.

A month ago.

"Superboy! Superboy! Where are you?" Robin screamed for his best friend name but all he heard were his grunts he was in pain which made him fear the worst. He'd followed the sound to an unknown area the place was deserted not a person in sight. Robin thought about calling for backup but he thought he had it under control he thought he knew him." Once Robin reached him he was filled with joy. As he ran towards him "Superboy! Where were you what happened" Robin said as he made his way over to Superboy with his back turned towards him. "Stay away Robin" He heard him say.

"Why? Don't tell me?" Superboy turned around and Robin saw a patch on his arm that gained him all the power he lacked from superman. "I thought you'd quit" Robin said with only concerned in his voice. "You don't understand this makes me what i'm not with this i'm finally someone" Superboy said his eyes looked at the patch as if it was gold. "You're not Superboy you're someone to me i'd never thought you weren't for once special" Robin pleaded. "So let it go let's go back home" Superboy looked in Robin eyes but all he saw was superman face looking at him disappointed. He tried to take the image away he wanted to see Robin but he couldn't soon he couldn't even hear him. All he heard was Superman voice. "He's not my son he's a clone"

"That's not true" Superboy yelled "i'm someone important special aren't i" Superboy began to keep questioning himself soon his head was filled with Superman thoughts. He yelled and began to try destroy the Superman in front of him he blast him with laser and punched him but he never hit him back all he said was that he wasn't enough. Soon it all went black and when he woke up he was in a bed and Robin was left behind alone beaten his mind blank.