•Twenty Three•

Start from the beginning

***

"Hey." Glenn and I said in sync as he walked up to me in the courtyard.

"Carl was looking for you." I told him.

"He found me." He confirmed. "I think we should head over, Rick wanted to talk to everyone." He sighed. "Just uh one more thing before that." He added softly grabbing my hand, he then took something from his pocket and placed it in my hand. I opened up my hand to see a small ring sitting there.

"Yes." I said before he could even ask me, connecting our lips. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer, wanting to stay like this forever.

I loved Glenn more than anything, I would die for him. I know we can't properly get married but the thought of even being able to call him my husband made me happier than I ever thought possible.

We eventually made our way over to where Rick and the others were gathered, waiting to hear what Rick had to say, although I knew it would have something to do with the Michonne situation.

"The other day when I met with the Governor, he offered me a deal. He said he would leave us alone... If I gave him Michonne. And I was going to do that to keep us safe." He sighed and I looked around to see everyone in shock. "I changed my mind but Merle took Michonne to fulfil the deal and now I don't know if it's too late, I was wrong not to tell you and I am sorry. What I said last year that night after the farm... It can't be like that, not anymore. Who we are and who we're willing to be, it's not my call. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. I'm not your Governor, we choose to stay or we choose to go but we stick together. We take a vote, we can stay and we can fight or we can go." He finished before walking away.

I watched Rick walk away, towards the guard tower and I decided to follow after him.

"Hey." I greeted, walking over to him and looking out over the prison.

"Hey." He replied.

"So you took my advice, huh?" I laughed.

"You said it... We're in this together, all of us. She's part of that. You were right, I need to stop being their leader, it's not fair. We all have to pull our weight and get through this together." He smiled gently squeezing my shoulder. "Thank you, for reminding me of who I am."

I simply smiled and nodded my head, happy that I was finally getting through to him.

Rick quickly held his sniper up and looked through the scope.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Michonne." He beamed, running down the guard tower towards the gate.

***

After a lot of discussion and voting, we decided to stay and fight but we had to be smart about it. We moved all our things to another part of the prison to make it look as if we were gone. Hershel, Beth, Judith and Carl went too as we needed them to stay out of the action.

Glenn and I took cover at the side of one of the catwalks while everyone else would stay inside and use smoke bombs to chase them out. Once they were out we would open fire.

I saw a few trucks in the distance coming up the dirt road, they blew up one of the guard towers and continued to open fire on the prison.

One of the trucks stopped as it's tyres burst on the spikes and barbed wire we had put down.

The people from Woodbury got out of their trucks and made their way towards the prison, once truck drove through our gate as everyone else followed behind it. They then made their way into the prison.