•Twelve•

Everyone had all gathered around in the house, debating over what we should do with the boy that Rick and Glenn found while looking for Hershel. Shane and Rick's plan to take the boy far away hasn't worked since it turned out he knew who Maggie was.

"You once said we don't kill the living." I said turning to Rick, trying to convince him that killing the boy wasn't a good idea.

"Yeah, that was before the living tried to kill us." Rick mumbled. "Does anybody else have anything to say?"

"Look, if you don't speak up on either part, It doesn't matter you're just sending him to his death." Dale spoke up, also trying to defend the young guy called Randall.

"I don't feel right about this, Anna and Dale are right. We can't just take an innocent kids life." Andrea chimed in and I smiled over at my sister, proud that she still had her humanity.

"Why don't we just see what happens. let him pull his weight around here?" Dale suggested.

"What? You think we should put him to work?" Shane questioned.

"I don't mean slave labour, just help with the food or washing." Dale suggested.

"I wouldn't feel safe with him walking around." Carol announced, shaking her head in protest.

Andrea stood forward. "So, We put an escort on him?"

"Yeah and who would want to volunteer for the job, huh?" Rick asked expecting no one to volunteer.

"Me, I would do it." I spoke up, shrugging my shoulders. I could handle myself and if it meant me saved a life I would do it.

"No way." Glenn and Shane said at the same time, Glenn automatically glaring at Shane.

"If it meant saving a human life I would do it." I said, not wanting anyone else to die even if I didn't even know the guy.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable with that." Rick told me and I glared at him.

"And since when was every decision up to you? " I questioned. "Look at you guys sentencing a kid to death, you're no better than the walkers, do what you want I'm done." I said walking out the house.

I sat down on the porch steps, trying to calm myself when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not in the mood for a lecture, I'll apologise to Rick later." I stated expecting it to be Glenn or Andrea.

"I'm not here to lecture you." Dale spoke up.

"Sorry, thought you were someone else." I said "So are they gonna kill him?" I asked, unsure if I really wanted to know the answer.

Dale looked to the ground, before speaking up. "Yeah"

"I'm sorry, I tried." I told him knowing that this meant a lot to him.

"I know, I'm just going to go take a walk and clear my head." He announced before patting my leg and standing up.

"Where?" I asked.

"Just around, don't worry I won't go too far." He promised.

"Okay." I nodded and made my way over to my tent to rest for the night.

***

I woke up to the sound of screaming and a whole load of commotion, I looked over to Glenn who seemed to waken up from the sound too.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked quickly grabbing my knife.

"No idea." He answered getting up and walking out of the tent, I followed quickly.

We saw everyone crowded around something in the long grass, Glenn and I shared quick glances and then started sprinting over.

As we got closer Shane came over and grabbed my arm.

"What the hell are you doing?" Glenn asked.

"She doesn't need to see this." He replied and kept dragging me along, I finally pulled out of his grip.

"What?" I asked "what's goin-" before I could finish my sentence I heard a gun shot.

I slowly turned around and there laid Dale with half of his guts spilled out of his body and a bullet in his head, Andrea leaning over him crying out.

"Oh God." I whispered as I slowly walked over and collapsed on my knees next to him.

"No, no, no." I whimpered. "Not you, No!" I shouted and started shaking him. I felt arms go around my waist and pull me away.

"No, Dale!" I screamed just then the person who was holding me turned me around and I came face to face with Glenn, I immediately buried my fave in his chest and cried out from complete heartbreak while he stroked my hair.

"It's okay, its going to be fine." He whispered I pushed him away and glared at him.

"Stop saying that, stop telling me that everything is going to fine!" I shouted.

"I think you need to calm down." Shane said from behind me.

"No, d-don't you see, this is going to happen to all of us, we're all going to die." I said more tears spilling from my eyes. "Either a bad group will come along or we'll get torn apart by those things! So go ahead kill the boy, you'll be doing him a favour."

***

I woke up alone in my tent the sunlight beaming in through a small tear in the side, I stood up, pulled on my clothes, grabbed my bow and quiver and made my way outside to see everyone packing up their things and taking down the tents.

I made my way to Andrea to find out what the hell was going on.

"Hey, what's happening?" I asked gently tapping her shoulder.

"Hershel's decided to move us into the house for winter." She said giving me a small smile.

I smiled back at her, noticing her eyes were still red from crying.

"That's, umm... Generous?" I nodded.

"You don't sound very appreciative." She said, raising her eyebrow.

"I- I'm just confused is all, only a few days ago he was dead set on throwing you all off the farm and now he's rolling out the welcome wagon, It's a little surprising is all." I shrugged.

"He's seen that we're good people and we're stronger together, we all need each other to survive. Plus he's your family, he knows that if we were to leave you'd come with us." She replied squeezing my shoulder and walking off to help the others gather their things.

I looked over to the RV seeing Glenn trying to get it started up and decided to make my way over to him.

"Hey, need a hand?" I asked pulling out some tool from Dale's little tool box.

"Uh, no I'm good." He replied bluntly.

"Are you okay? Listen I'm sorry I kinda bit your head off last night. I just... I just can't handle all these people dying, he meant so much to me and now he's just gone, just like that. It's too much to even process." I said trying my hardest not to cry again.

"I let him down." Glenn said turning to face me.

"What?" I questioned extremely confused.

"He needed me to back him up and be on his side and I wasn't and n-"

"No don't do that to yourself, Dale was so proud of you." I said quickly cutting him off and placing my hand on his cheek. "Now let's get this thing started." I suggested.

He nodded and gave my hand a squeeze as I made my way to the drivers seat.

Glenn instructed me on what to do and soon enough we had her up and running.

***

ughh I really didn't want to kill off Dale I LOVED him my angel.

Remember to vote and comment!