•Eight•

(Glenn's POV)

Hershel walked out of the room and started blabbering on about how he needs certain equipment for Anna or she won't survive, the only problem is its in an a high school which is completely over run with walkers.

"I'll go." I stood up and volunteered.

"No way, if you don't make it back Anna will lose her mind." Andrea quickly shot me down back.

"I'll go. I let her come with us it's my fault she's shot, I owe it to her." Shane said.

"No. I don't trust you." I glared at Shane, feeling slightly annoyed. He always acted strange around Anna, I didn't want him involved with her in any way.

"Hey, look I care about Anna and I'm going to go get this equipment and save her life, ain't no debating." Shane replied, trying to defend himself.

I sighed in defeat and walked back into Anna's room.

Hours had passed since Shane and Otis had left. Anna has been in and out of consciousness, she also took a fit about 20 minutes ago.

"If they don't hurry up I'm going after them." Andrea said trying to stand up. However, she nearly fell as she was so week from giving blood to Anna. Rick quickly caught her arm, helping her sit back down.

"You're in no state to go anywhere, I need you here for blood." Hershel told the blonde sternly.

She sighed in defeat, knowing she did in fact have to stay.

"Look if they aren't back in the next five minutes you are going to have to make a decision, either I operate on her without the equipment or she dies anyway." Hershel said looking between Rick, Andrea and I.

"But you said she won't make it through that surgery!" I raised my voice a little

Hershel sighed and went to speak up as a car pulled into the farm.
We walked out to be greeted by Shane and only Shane.

"Otis?" Hershel asked.

Shane simply shook his head in reply.

"Nobody tells Patricia, not until after the surgery." And with that he walked inside to operate on Anna.

***

I waited for what seemed like years outside the room, just waiting for some news. Suddenly the door opened and out walks Hershel with a big grin on his face. I stood up and walked over to him
"Is she okay? Did it work?" I asked.

"Yes it went very smoothly, she's very lucky." He replied squeezing my shoulder. I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding in, and walked over to camp to tell the group the good news.

***

(Anna's POV)

I woke up confused in a strange room, it was dark with a small light next to my bed. I looked next to me to see Glenn sleeping on a chair next to my bed and I remembered everything, from being shot to Hershel prodding at my insides trying to retrieve the bullet. How the hell am I still alive? I thought to myself.

I tried to sit up but as soon as I did I felt a shooting pain straight through my abdomen I let out a low yell off pain and sure enough Glenn woke up.

"Hey, hey lie down you'll tear your stitches." He said gently pushing my shoulders down. "You hungry? I can get you something to eat or water? are you thirs-"

"Glenn I'm fine, stop fussing." I said cutting him off before he could ramble on "Can you just come lay with me?" I asked smiling at him.

"Yeah, yeah of course" He replied getting under the covers and gently wrapping his arms around me.

Around 5 minutes of silence had passed and I still couldn't fall asleep. "Glenn?" I softly whispered.

"yeah?" He asked, groggily sounding as if he was just about to fall asleep.

"I thought I was going to die, and all I could think about is you and Andrea losing me and what it would do to you guys. I can't believe I was so willing to go... just like that without a second thought." I said turning to face him as much as I could without hurting myself and then continued. "You and I, we have to stick together now. We have to fight and survive and make a life for ourselves and the others. Please, just never leave me." I said as a few tears started to make their way from my brown eyes.

"I'll never leave you, it's me and you until the end okay?" He said wiping my tears.

"okay."

***

I love Glenn and Anna so much ugh my heart