5

Eli

Zoe Taylor.

I don't know what it was about her that made my heart race. Was it her beauty? I've fücked supermodels more gorgeous than she was. Was it her hair?. The allure of being with a red haired?.

Whatever it was, I definitely don't need it in my life right now.

I'm at the bar in one of my clubs getting eye fücked by women. All I have to do is give them a slight encouragement but I don't.

Because none of them are Zoe fücking Taylor.

This attraction between us. Had it happened a year ago I would have acted on it. But not now. Because I know the fire sizzling between us is one that burns.

A year from now I'll be gone. God knows where. Definitely not heaven if such a thing exists. Probably hell.

I have no desire to fall in love or to have anything permanent. Because that's what she represents. She's not just someone you Fück and forget.

I have no wish to leave a heartbroken partner behind.

A brunette in a short leather skirt and crop top sidles next to me at the bar.

I wear a charming smile "Hey beautiful. I'm Eli."

She returns my smile "I'm Devlin"

"Nice to meet you Devlin. Let me buy you a drink"

Zoe

I take a small sip of my drink as I scan the club.

My colleagues and I decided to come here after work to let off steam and here I am. Alone. Deserted by my so called friends.

They all left me for a one nightstand.

What happened to sisters over misters?.

I push my stool back slapping a wad of bills on the countertop as I stand up.

Time to go home.

I walked to the backdoor to avoid reporters. I opened the door and walked right into a movie scene.

Not far from me. Actually, in front of me, was a couple locked in a passionate embrace.

The guy's back was against the wall, the woman acting as the aggressor but it was obvious he was the one in control of the situation.

He broke the kiss, his lips trailing from her cheek to her neck. The girl moved her head to the side to give him more access.

As if feeling my gaze, the guy suddenly lifted his head and stared directly at me.

My muscles locked into place as I stare into stormy golden eyes.

My blood chilled.

Eli. The guy was Eli.

What were the odds?.

He smirked at me, then kissed the girl eyes locked on me.

I stumble down the street in a daze heart pummeling. Involuntarily my hands clenched into a fist.

That idiot.

That stupid idiot.

I was relieved to see my car. I hurriedly got in and started the car. My phone rings.

I almost jumped out of my skin. Then my palms grew slick. What if it was Eli? What if he wanted to explain what I saw?.

It was Alyssa.