boy of my dreams ch5

Dan p o v

8:15pm.

The bell rings.
I sigh, sitting under the tree in the school yard. I've always skipped first class and saying I got there late in second class.

Although it's usually busy and relentless here, I find myself at ease with these monsters.

By monsters I mean other students.
The air was cold and bitter, the atmosphere was foggy and you can't see much from far. The fog helps if I get caught by a teacher.
I enjoy winter.

The darkness of my clothing always helps with this situation. In between contemplating death and questioning it, I notice a boy speed walking to the main building in quite a rush. He has seemed familiar. Dark hair, bright eyed, pale, tallish, from just a glance I notice his folder he's struggling to hold, he has at his side has papers sticking out from every which way and with his other hand holds a phone he's looking down at.

He's wearing a pastel blue sweater, matching his book bag. He has black skinny jeans. His hands look clammy and he's wearing dark nerd glasses.

I sit up, from leaning against this tree and stand, walking towards him. This is weird why am I following him? I don't know what draws me to him but I feel like I absolutely need to ask for his name.

The closer I get to catching up to his speed walking, I hear faint mumbling, he doesn't seem to notice me yet.

Just as we enter the building on campus, he walks up stairs and just as I open my mouth I hear his mumbles as he turns off his phone and puts it in his pocket.

"Gosh I'm so late.... They're gonna hate me"

Wait so he's got anxiety?
I stop in my tracks and clenching my jaw I think it's rude to ask someone with poor people skills to ask them their names.

He continues to walk and I stick my hands in my Jean pockets and leave the building back to the tree and retreat to my usual spot for class-ditching.

The boy doesn't leave my mind...

Why did he seem so familiar-

The dreams.

It's him..