"phil" ch1

Phil p o v

4:30pm

I lay in a grassy plane. I can't see the sky it's very foggy.
Like a dream.
I see the dark tree trunks slowly disappear in the fog as it gets higher and higher.

In my grey sweater, I place my arms across the back of my head. It's very humid so my glasses lenses are fogged and drippy with water droplets. My hair is stuck to my forehead thanks to my sweat.

I'm breathing through my mouth,cold, as I close my eyes enjoying the cool breeze despite the bitter humid tension.

I feel numb.

It's almost winter and we usually get this weather. I've been told multiple occasions that I shouldn't drive in such weather. But I needed to get away from my troubles. My own little world.

I hear footsteps of converse in the deathly silence as they draw nearer. For some reason I'm not scared. I feel as though I can't, shouldn't, worry. What is worry.

There's a warmth in my body..

"Phil?" A boys voice asks.

I gasp and sit up. There's no one here.

I'm alone in my foggy foresty land.

It's not long before I hop back into the truck headed home. I stop at a corner store and walk inside. Not many people in here as I grab a box of instant tea bags and a wine bottle.
The guy scans them as I show him my fake id and pay what i owe.

When I get home my mum greets me.

5:50pm

"Hello Philip, I need to remind you. You have an appointment tomorrow after highschool. 3:50. Sharp."

"Thanks mum. I bought the tea." I hide the wine in the bag as I take out and hand the tea to her.

She examines it, her eye's looking over the box and her orangish brown bangs falling just above her eye lashes

"You've gotten my favorite brand! Thanks Philly" she slides my black fringe to the side with her cold hands and kisses my fore head.

"I've made dinner, do you want an-"

"Sorry, I'm not hungry mum"

I answer, already headed upstairs.
I hear her sigh, watching me leave, placing her clammy hands on the stairs railings.

6:00pm

When I get to my room I open the pastel blue door and plop on my blue and green bedsheets. The sheets are a mess and the rooms slightly chilly. The walls are a navy blue and I have house plants everywhere.
It looks pretty aesthetic if you ask me . Not to mention the large windows I have with a slight fogged up appearance.

6:12pm

I wonder if that was a dream.... What happened within the fog....

Who's voice was it....

I liked the way they...said my voice.....

"Phil"

I open my eye's, lightly gasping, staring at the ceiling as I check the clock on my nightstand.

12:00am