spork ch2

Dan p o.v.

6:30pm

I decide to sneak out of the house and check out the city

Since my dad's asleep and mums working late hours as a nurse, I decide I'm In the clear.

Wearing my usual black skinny jeans and sweater I head out, not minding the hobbit hair.  I walk down the damp sidewalk looking down at my black converse hoping I don't bump into anyone. 

Or trip.

Or mumble to myself.

Or slip and fall.

Or get pushed.

Or get caught by my dad for me sneaking out.

Did I mention that i overthink things.

Diagnosed Anxiety really isn't fun.

I bite my fingernails, watching myself through the puddles humidity caused, as I walk.

Maybe if I do slip in a Puddle my head will slam into the sidewalk and Crack open like an egg shell and I'll die on the spot.

After I buy some tea from the corner store I get back home noticing mums car is in the front.

7:20pm

Fucking hell.

"Daniel Howell! Where have you been!" She comes from the kitchen and pulls me into a hug.

"Now don't go and tell me that you snuck out to see some friends! You don't need anyone except your own family!- I knew I shouldn't have signed you up for public school!! I-!"

"M-mum I only............bought some tea..from the store...." I mumble looking down and playing with the sleeves of my black sweater.

She combs my wavy fringe with her fingers and kiss my head

"Daniel how many times do I have to tell you to straighten your hair? It looks terrible and unprofessional naturally. You know that!"

"..sorry.....m..um...." I answer very quietly.

"Never let anyone see your hair you look absolutely hideous Daniel, now, bathe and get to bed! Hurry along!" She smiles at me.

I don't sigh. Or roll my eyes. Or cross my arms.

I can't afford to disrespect her in any way. There all I have..

I only need my family....

7:50pm

I hand her the bag and head upstairs to my bedroom and plop into my bed.
Without knowing it I fall asleep.

"Phil you spork!" I hear myself call.

"Dan don't call me a spork!" I hear someone else whine and then laugh with me.

I gasp and wake up.

3:02am

I'm still in my bed, laying above the sheets. I'm freezing.

I slip off the converse I forgot to take off and sweater, revealing my pale thin chest I hated.

I take off the skinny jeans and sleep in my p.j. s  and slip under the covers, tossing them over my head.