What the fuck is going on here?

Start from the beginning

I quickly open my mouth to deny but Hunter beat me to it.

"Yeah, we are, so keep your hands to your self" He growls at Mark who was obviously jokingly checking me out.

Don't over think everything Daisy, it's all just for show. I chide myself when the fuses in my brain start to spark at his words.

The bell rings and we all disperse to go to our various classes. Hunter lets me go only after pulling me into his arms, breathing in my hair and then placing a kiss on my fore head.

I become completely dazed and I only break out if it when I notice my friends standing close by waiting for me. Damn the stupid arranged marriage for putting me in this situation. I wish I was with Hunter for real. I berate myself again for my way of thinking, I was getting too attached too fast.

What were we even doing?

He's been acting weird and by weird I mean like a sweet boyfriend since yesterday and I've been putty in his hands.

Does he like me?

I dismiss that thought as soon as it comes up. I shouldn't get my hopes up, it's all probably for show.

"Explain yourself young lady" Bloom says immediately I get to where they were standing.

"It's nothing to get hyper about. It's an arranged engagement for the company merging and my protection or so my father said. But Hunter has been confusing me a lot, he's taking this engagement thing in stride and he's been acting like he's my.......boyfriend. I just don't get it" I try to explain the basis of my engagement to Hunter to my friends but I can't help but infuse all the confusion I've been feeling into my words.

"I did not see that coming. I mean an arranged marriage? That's serious" Chloe says astonished.

"Yeah me too, I thought they suddenly decided they were in love and then ran away to Las Vegas for a weekend of passion but ended up being drunkenly engaged to each other" Bloom chimes in and I and Chloe both turn to stare at her before we all break out into giggles at her silliness.

"It's sad that this is probably how most of us in this school will get married. So much for being heirs and heiresses huh?" Chloe says out of nowhere and I realize how true that statement is.

"You're lucky it's Hunter, who knows who it will be for us?" Bloom adds and I think if what to say to halt them from going down that depressing line of thoughts.

The warning bell picks that particular moment to ring and since we don't have first period together, we go our separate ways with me promising to fill them in fully during lunch.

I have English right now so I hurriedly make my way to my class. As I walk through the door, I find myself wishing my friends were here with me because all eyes turn to me as the murmurs reach an all time high. I take a seat beside the window and start to doodle nonsense in my notebook.

I have a lot of casual friends since I was quite popular but they were all busy gossiping about the latest news: me.

I sigh, I'm getting really frustrated trying to figure out Hunter's aim. Someone takes the seat beside me and I smile really glad to see a familiar face in the sea of whisperers. Dean smiles back and stays silent for a while before he speaks up.

"So you and Hunter huh?" He ask his face unreadable.

How do I answer that? I don't even know what I am to Hunter.

"Ummm..." I trail off not knowing how to answer.

He gives out a laugh that had a hint of bitterness or maybe it's just the noise affecting my ears.

"Of course. It was bound to happen at one point or the other. You guys shared a tent for almost a week for fuck sake!" He says chuckling but the smile doesn't reach his eyes and I start to wonder what was up with him.

"I'm assuming you know why we're together so why are you acting this way? I ask puzzled at his behavior.

"So you're saying you don't really want to be with him?" He asks his eyes lighting up.

"I..." I start to say but the teacher chooses that moment to enter the class.

The teacher being Miss Rose was someone people respected a lot so everyone stops their chatter; well almost everyone. Stephanie and her friends were too busy giggling about whatever to care which earned all of them in that group detention.

The class went as it should, and when it ends, I pack my books in a hurry because I had the next period with Hunter and I had the strange urge to get to him as fast as I could.

That plan goes down the drain though as Dean corners me immediately I move out of class.

"Let me walk you to your next class" he says as soon as he catches up with me.

"Oh, okay" I respond shrugging, my mind somewhere else.

"Speaking of your next class, what do you have?" He asks sheepishly making me chuckle.

"It's Spanish.......God damn it" I curse when something enters my eye.

I try to remove it but only succeed in making my eyes water more. When we reach my locker and I still wasn't able to remove it, Dean offers to help and I let him.

I drop my book inside then close the door and he steps closer and bends his head to get a closer look at my watering eye. I know we looked like a couple about to kiss but I'd save myself from getting blind first and then deal with the stares later. People were not even that many in the hallway anymore.

He finally succeed in removing the dirt just as a very angry voice yells behind us.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Hunter bellows walking towards us looking purely mad.

Before anyone could see it coming and warn Dean, Hunter lands a punch on Dean's face and I scream in horror.

And just like every other normal person in the world, I blurt out the stupidest thing anyone can say in the situation.

"It's not what it looks like!" I screech.

Idiot. That proves it's exactly what it looks like.

*************************

Please don't forget to tap that vote and comment button

Please don't forget to tap that vote and comment button. That really encourages me :D

And please share this book with everyone you know. Follow if you feel like (but it's greatly appreciated :D)

Stay awesome ^_^
Love, Yvonne.