“Shouldn't we call for Elohim as well?” Gabriel asked.

“Not yet.” Yet another decision I came to regret later. “It will only result in another argument between he and Lucifer and nothing will be accomplished. One thing at a time. Let's see what our brothers have to say about this before we confront Elohim again.”

Gabriel nodded, closed his eyes and started to summon our brothers. We had to be quiet about it as it was entirely possible that Elohim would feel the energy we sent out to summon the others. I had a feeling that in his arrogance he would just ignore it. I summoned Lucifer and the others and within a few minutes they all appeared. Lucifer had brought Lillith, apparently he wasn't too keen on leaving her unattended. I cringed when I saw her, her presence would only add additional difficulties but apparently he had thought ahead. He lightly touched her forehead and she fell asleep, that took me by surprise. I wasn't aware that we had the ability to do that.

“How did you do that?” I asked.

“I'm not sure, I just told her to sleep and she did.”

Between the new feelings of anger, the experience of Elohim shoving me, Lucifer's revelations about Elohim, what he gifted Lillith with and this new use of our powers I had reached a breaking point.

“Perhaps you should share these new developments with all of us for once instead of assuming we aren't worth your time.” I snapped, the world was once again shaded in lavender overtones.

“Remiel? What are you doing?” Uriel's soft voice came from behind me. I turned and saw the confusion and concern on my brother's faces.

“Brothers, Elohim has greatly overstepped his bounds. This creation of his was not about a design challenge or creating a helpmate, it was about making something to worship him. It is hard to explain. I have spoken to both Elohim and Lucifer about this, Gabriel spoke with Elohim as well. We are all at fault for not noticing these things sooner however Elohim is the true concern, not what we did or did not choose to do with whatever knowledge we had at the time.” That was my attempt at directing their focus away from Lucifer and to Elohim. “Lucifer, as you were the one most directly involved I think you should tell us everything that happened.” I hoped that he would make sure to include what he gifted Lillith with. I didn't want to have to bring it up myself. He looked at me, his eyes narrowed a bit but he gave me a slight nod. It seemed he understood that if he wanted me as an ally he would have to include his earlier deception of us along with his deception of Elohim.

He put on his most charming expression, “Sit brothers, this will take some time.” Raphael and Michael gave him a uneasy look, Seraqual, Raguel and Uriel seemed curious but showed no signs of concern. How I wished I could have joined them in their ignorance. We sat down on the ground in a rough circle. A few sparrows landed in the center of the circle and pecked at the ground looking for seeds. Raguel created a handful of seeds on the spot and sprinkled them on the ground in front of him. The birds hopped over and he lightly rubbed their heads as they ate. He had always been fond of any creature that could fly. Lucifer began to speak.

“When Elohim came to me with the idea of this new creation I will admit that I was immediately intrigued by the concept. As you all know I always seek out the most complicated things to design. Perhaps my desire to create something wholly new and different overruled any misgivings I may have felt about his goals.”

That statement was probably the closest thing to admitting that perhaps he was wrong and bore some responsibility for everything that happened that Lucifer would ever speak.

“In the beginning it seemed like a harmless way to pass the time, Elohim and I exchanged ideas and spent many hours thoroughly engulfed in the project. You do have to admit brothers that we have all done the same over the eons, become utterly enthralled by a new idea, a new creature. It consumes you, you think of little else, even to the point of boring the rest of us.”