Epilogue

July 24, 2017
Qamar Iheme.

"We are gathered here today to remember the life Yael Capone Brewster. He was a loving friend, son, and most of all a boy friend." The Pastor said.

I didn't bothered holding in my tears as I just let them flow down my cheeks like the Nile River. It was a closed casket funeral. His family couldn't bear to see him laying there so lifeless.

"It's okay, Qamar let it all out" Mama Yala said to me. I find it funny how His bio parents wanted to be in is life so bad but yet they aren't hear.

His Pops walked up to me and pulled me in an embrace. He became more of a father figure than my own father. I sniffled. I miss my baby man.

"It's okay man, it's okay" he was saying this more to himself but I needed to hear it . I needed to know that my baby was resting peacefully with the angels now.

How did we end up here? How did he end up making a amends with his family and get killed in a car crash. How!

After burying my nwata nwoke in the ground we headed back to the house for the Wake. I sat secluded from everyone else as I didn't want to be bothered. I was an emotional wreck and nothing could heal me from this pain. This heart break.

"Q, come eat please? Yael wouldn't want you to not eat." Auntie said.

I sighed and nodded, but after I ate, I went to his old room and just laid on the bed and cuddled his pillow. Maverick joined me and just hugged my neck. Poor boy, doesn't know what happened to his brother.

"It's okay Quayquay."

I smiled softly. I hope so kid. I hope so.

Jaimee Lanzoni

I looked down at the scumbag I called a husband. He completely lied to me. He told me we were coming back just to see our son and make amends. But now he has us both tied up and in a dungeon.

"I'm going to get us out of here baby boy, you just have to help me here." I spoke to Yael who was semi conscious.

"H-How, I-I'm to weak to m-move"

I struggled to pull out smushed candy bar from my pocket and began to feed it to him. "Here, this should help a little."

He slowly ate it and lied down. I moved my thighs under his head so he could have some form of cushion.

The door creaked opened and in came Enzo. My future ex husbands nephew.

"If I help you can you help me " he whispered dropping bags of food and feed it to me and Yael.

I squinted "this is a trap"

"It's not, my uncle has gone made and killed my dad. The only thing I had left to remind me of my mom, I want to go back to New York or where ever you plan to go."

I sighed and nodded "you know all the exits and everything. Give me a week and we are out of here.

Don't worry Yael, I'm going to get us back to your family. Even if my life depended on it.

——————-

Is the the ennnd, are you my friieeeend

This is the end of Book 1 of the Perjury Series. Be on the look out for Book 2.

In the meantime Tell me How do you Feel?

Did I Make you mad?

I want to do a BTS, so ask my any questions you have in mind.