Chapter 2: Mr. Kitty

We all stared at the stranger. Each of us in shock, mostly confusion. She stared back at us terrified. It was dead silent. You couldn't even hear the air escaping from our lungs. The outside was silent also. Leaving us each scared, and worried for what was in store for us.

Charlie gripped Melissa's hand. As a tear cascaded down his face. I wanted to go wipe the tears from his cheeks, and tell him it would be okay, but to be honest I didn't know if it would be okay. "Are you okay?" I whispered, still afraid to break the silence.

"I'm terribly lost, and confused. May I have some water? I seen you guys, and I was being chased, I didn't know where else to go." She said between sobs, folding her hands in her lap. I watched Logan in the other room, as he went through the bags, until he found a water bottle. He handed it to her, "Here you go."

"Thank you so much." She said as she held her head. "Are you okay?" I asked as my brows knitted together suspiciously. "I'm fine. Just a little shaken up."

"You'll be okay, you're safe here. No one could find this place, not even a mindless zombie." Ernie laughed.

"You're covered in blood." I said alarmed.

"You're not bit are you?" Ernie said lifting her arm into the air, examining her.

"Get off me!" She pulled her arm back violently.

"Let me look!" He yelled in protest.

"Get off of-"

"Dad, stop!" Sam yelled, trying to calm his enraged father.

"Don't tell me what to do! It's my job to make sure you're all safe! Now stop infuriating me!" He huffed before agreeing to leave the wanderer alone, and sat down.

"Sorry about that hun, you will get used to it." Melissa leaned in whispering so no one can hear, "He's sort of a neurotic control freak."

"I heard that Melissa! Stop playing therapist, psychiatrist, or whatever, you're doing!"

"Oh Ernie you need a therapist! No one put you in charge any who!"

"Tell me if you find one...that isn't you, and good luck finding someone who knows how to survive like I do!"

"Narcissist." Melissa murmured under her breath.

"Would you two stop!? We have bigger problems." Logan said breaking the conversation.

I was so caught up in all the live action, I forgot about the stranger. I looked around. to Logan, who held her in his arms. I cleared my throat, and looked away, hoping no one could see my face was red from being jealous. "What happened?" She asked opening one eye at a time.

"You fainted." Logan informed. He picked her up, cradling her in his arms. I bit my lip furiously in anger. He wasn't suppose to be holding her! He's suppose to be holding me. Okay, I know, sounds selfish, but he should be. Especially after our little moment.

We all stopped mumbling, as pounding on the door rung from the other side of the room.

"Mommy." Charlie said burying his face into Melissa's sweater. She held him comforting him.

"They already know we are down here. What is your plan now Ernie, since you know how to 'survive'!?" Melissa rolled her eyes. "Oh a perfect spot no one could find, not even a mindless zombie could!" She mocked him.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't see you coming up with a plan!" He argued.

"Plus they can't get in." Logan said.

"Yeah, but what happens when we try to get out?" I asked a little annoyed, considering I wasn't happy about little miss sunshine, miss boy stealer crazy chick over here. I thought, as I folded my arms over my chest. Okay, I was being way to dramatic. Maybe a little? All she wanted is help. I mean I can't blame her.