Epilogue- It's not an End

Start from the beginning

"L...? You in here?" I glanced up toward the door. Ky poked his head in my room and I hastily ushered him inside.

Kayla ran and jumped in his arms. He kissed her twice. She only let's him kiss her twice.

I grinned. "What are you doing here?" He's wearing a black tux with a white tie and it somehow made him look taller than he already was.

Ky's ten and such a nerd!

I ruffled his dark messy hair and leaning down kissed his cheek, "You clean up really good."

Blush crept his cheeks in seconds and he scrubbed where I'd just kissed. "Don't put lipstick on me! Evan will kill me. literally"

I laughed, rolling my eyes, remembering the last time Evan realized Ky was soon going to be a teenager and started to throw a fit.

"I came here to give you this." He opened his palm and I gasped at the golden slick thing lying there.

Tears swelled in my eyes. I really thought I would never see it again.

Couple of months ago, I had lost the necklace Nobody gave me on Ky's fifth birthday, I had took the whole house on my head to find it, but...

"How?" I asked, lost at words. I took it from him and asked him to help me clasping it.

Once done, I turned around already feeling way better than I did before.

"Evan had been searching the whole apartment for this for months. Finally he found it a week ago in the pillow case in your room." Blush rushed on my already rose cheeks.

Jeez! What the hell was it doing there?

"I should go." He put Kayla down and High-fived with her. "See you later little thing."

She grinned, "See ya later big thing." He laughed.

He straightened up and pushed his square purple eyeglasses up his nose and smiled warmly at me. "You look beautiful, L. Evan is going to lose it."

I grabbed him in a hug and kissed his head. After all these years he had completely grown on me. He was like a son now.

I let him go after handing him a thank you note for Evan.

As soon as Ky left, my door re-opened and in came furious looking mommy Kim.

Kayla immediately ran and hid behind me. I laughed and glared at Kim, shaking my head.

"DONT!" She snapped, showing me her palm. "You can't save her today. She sneaked in my room and ate all the cookies which I told her not to touch."

She lunged for Kayla but I grabbed her arm and pulled her around. "Look what I found...." I pointed to my neck and that's it.

I helped Kayla, as she easily slipped out the room waving at me.

"How? Where did you?" Her beautiful big brown eyes, dancing with exhilaration.

Smiling, I sighed and plopped down on the bed. "Ky just came by. Evan had been searching for it for months."

She started jumping and gushing with happiness. She plopped down on the bed with me and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sooooooo happy for you."

I nodded against her, "Me too." I added, "My heels? I can't find them."

She pulled away with OH face and crouched down pulling a white box from under the bed.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Of course."

I wore them and stood at my full length. I twirled around, "How do I look?"