Forgetting

Hiccup, Merida and Punzie were hanging out near the lake. Again. Merida stayed a fair distance away form the water, as Hiccup was close by. But it was usually Jack who did all the mischief. "Scared?" Hiccup chuckled as he stood in the water. The water only touch the hem of his shorts and Punzie was right next to him. Hiccup knew well not to mess with Merida without Jack around. But not Punzie. "Don't, even, think, about, it," Punzie warned getting out. Just as she was taking out a towel, a twig cracked from behind. "Merida! Oh, hey! Punzie! um, who's the other boy?" Anna giggled at the last part.

"Have you seen Elsa Anna?" Punzie was in no mood for small talk. She didn't exactly like Elsa, but she didn't hate her. Elsa, yes had struck her, but not much. "No, her boyfriend though i think went to check on her, Jack I think his name is, so cute," Anna sighed and played with one of her brown plaits. She was in high denim shorts and a white shirt that was tucked in. Her green eyes sparkled. "He, is, not, her, boyfriend," Punzie hissed, sending shivers up Merida's and Hiccup's spines. "Oh? Sorry, friend then, wait no, Elsa declared none of you were her friends, so, wait, if you aren't her friends, why are you asking about her, oh wait yeh, Punzie, sorry, she's your cousin and so am I," Anna gushed.

"Life was better without this idiot," Merida whispered. "Yes Anna," Punzie too, was clearly annoyed. "I wanted to uh, apologise," Anna wrung her hands nervously, she looked cute when she did that. "About?" Hiccup demanded, "Oh, my name is Hiccup, by the way." Anna laughed, "No, I meant your real name, not a nickname, do you hiccup all the time?" Hiccup, was clearly offended. "Anna! whatever your stupid name is! It's his real name, mind respecting that?" Merida snapped.

Anna looked down. Oh boy, with Anna around, things were about to get a lot worst, they all thought glancing at each other. "Oh, so i was saying sorry, about earlier," Anna said more seriously, "I, I didn't mean to, yeah, what Elsa did was my fault, i'm sorry, i knew it about her powers and control and she, she shut me out for most of our childhood to protect me," she pointed at herself, "And instead i got Punzie hurt, I nearly killed my cousin." "Killed???" Merida asked alarmed. "You, didn't know?" Anna asked. Hiccup shook their head. "Well, I guess I owe you guys more than a secret but, its a start," Anna shrugged before explaining, "You see, when me and Elsa were little, before she shut me out, we used to play with her powers, it was fun, we made a snowman called Olaf!" she smiled at the memory.

"Get to the point Anna," Punzie hurried. "Oh sorry, but anyways, so we were playing and Elsa was making these huge mounds of snow I jumped on and she slipped on her own ice and I was in mid-jump," Anna closed her eyes and Punzie took her hands as a soothing gesture, "Elsa wanted to save me so she almost blindly throw ice, it was mend to be another pile of snow but," Anna took a shuddering breath, "She struck me, in the head." Merida gasp and Hiccup's eyes widened. "Then, I forgot about her powers, and one day, when we got mad over something, you see Elsa always wore gloves, so i took them off in rage, i had no idea why she was wearing them in the first place, and she got scared and so she blew ice and from there I learned that when I was struck, you see my parents took me to these trolls and they healed me," Anna quickly explained about the trolls and the bit where they made her forget about Elsa having powers.

"And so, you see, if you are struck in the heart, you will freeze, unless of a true, love, kiss," Anna stretched out those last words. A hand flew to Punzie's mouth and Merida stumbled back. Hiccup blushed as he caught her. Anna's cheery face returned, "So, what are you doing here?" she asked. "N-nothing," Punzie rushed. She didn't need her annoying cousin around more than necessary. "Oh Anna, maybe we should see Elsa, cya you two!" Punzie hurried and got her stuff and Anna by her side, they left. "Well, Anna, she isn't my favourite person," Merida huffed. "Then who is?" Hiccup lightly teased. The sun was slowly edging towards the horizon as the weekend came to an end.

Merida rolled her eyes, "I wonder how she will be at classes." "You're dodging my question," Hiccup noticed, he faced Merida towards him. Every since they were little, Hiccup had a crush on Merida. She was a little short but still beautiful. Merida's breathing hitched as she looked at the gleam in Hiccup's eyes. But inside, he was just as nervous. Hiccup cast a quick glance around to see if anyone was watching. Hiccup took Merida's chin in his hands as she got on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. They were pushed together by the wind. And by will. Hiccup's lips finally felt Merida's plush ones as he kissed her. He had waited so long for this. Their mouths moved against each others automatically as they parted and their tongues glided against each other. Both savoured the moment. It was a hungry yet slow and passionate kiss. Filled with silent words that they had longed to say to each other.

After a few moments, they pulled apart breathing hard and sat on a rock together staring at the sunset. "Well, Jack's getting more out of it and i see why," Hiccup teased and Merida blushed violently. "At least i don't have to compete against any other girls and I can claim you mine, and mine alone," she said truthfully. She felt bad for Punzie, she couldn't call Jack hers. Not yet anyways. Merida could be Hiccup's girlfriend and there will be no competition. "A perfect couple," Merida muttered absent-mildly. "Huh?" Hiccup grinned as he pressed his lips to hers one more time. "It's just that," Merida said realising, "When you go back to Berk, you might fall in love with the Astrid girl, more..Viking," Merida sighed, leaning against his shoulder. Hiccup took her hands in his and faced her towards him. "Listen to me, i will never leave you for any other girl, even a wealthy one, i will never leave you, I promise," he vowed firmly, sealing their lips. Merida put her hands on his cheeks.

Glad to be able to call him hers.

A/N

Ok guys, im sorry but the next updates will take longer 'cuse School's opening and i've got this HUGE exam to prep for (ugh)! Im super duper sorry!! The updates will be longer and so will the chapters be I promise!!! Im so sorry but you know... hell (school). But don't worry, there still will be updates!! I promise!!

Please recommend this book! And, how Many are you for Jelsa? Jackunzel? But no requests but Merricup, look at da picture aboovvee (proof I love them together)!

~ Marz/ Queen/ Queen Of Awesomeness