"Well, that's what you think." Marcus laughed, as if he knew something that I didn't. I was thoroughly confused by this point. "You see, I work for your boyfriend, Jake. The reason I'm here is to bring you back to him, and I'm doing that right now."

My blood ran cold. I had no words, no thoughts.

"This is a sick joke, isn't it?" I said in disgust. "I'm going right to Sam and-" When I reached for the door, Marcus pulled a gun out of his pocket, making me freeze. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would." Marcus laughed. "First those boys, then Darcy, the bodyguards, your parents, Aimee, Niall, and then you. And that's exactly what will happen if you don't come with me and get back with Jake." My eyes filled with tears, my whole body shaking.

"Why are you doing this?" I begged him for answers. "Why?"

"Money, sweetheart." Marcus explained. "Now, do you want to hear the details of our little deal here?"

"There is no deal." I said, shaking my head. "Once Sam finds out of this-"

"If he does, he's shot in the head." Marcus said simply. I cried harder, feeling sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Black dots swarmed all around me, and the next thing I knew I was crouching on the ground, sobs racking my body.

"If anyone hears you, they're all dead." Marcus warned. "So shut up and listen. Jake's partner, Kate, is willing to stop tracking Niall if you come with Jake. Just go back to him, and all your friends and family will be safe. If you don't go back to him, all of you will be killed. I will personally make sure that it is slow and painful."

There was no doubt in my mind. I knew exactly what I had to do. I knew that I had to be brave, even though I was actually petrified. How did such a beautiful day turn into such a terrible nightmare?

"I'll do it." I agreed, wiping my eyes, trying to harden my appearance. I could not show any signs of emotion, although I just had a breakdown in front of him. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, and there was some strange ringing noise that I could hear as well. I knew that if I didn't get a grip, I'd puke all over everything.

"Good." Marcus smirked. "I was hoping you'd see the right choice from the start."

"Just let me say goodbye." I begged, tears welling up in my eyes once more. "Let me at least say goodbye to Aimee and Niall."

Aimee and Niall. Two people that made my life worth living, the two people that I loved the most. What would I do without them? I knew that without them, I wouldn't survive.

"I-" I ran to the toilet and lifted the lid in time for all the contents of my stomach to spill. My arms and legs felt like jello and I couldn't stop shaking. All this time I knew that Marcus was a bad guy, but I never knew that he was part of the act. All this time, he had been in Jake's plan.

"That's disgusting." Marcus said from behind me. "I'll give you five minutes to clean yourself up, and then we're leaving."

"Let me say goodbye." I begged. I crawled over to him and grabbed his leg, an awful taste in my mouth, salty tears dripping down my cheeks. I had never felt so desperate and scared in my life. "Just, please let me stay. Niall has money, or I can find some way to give you more money than Jake!"

"Too late, princess." He chuckled. It sounded perverted and weird coming from him instead of Niall. I sunk down on the floor, sobbing, but making sure to be quiet. If anyone heard, they'd be shot, just like Marcus said. "Five minutes."

He trudged out the door, closing it behind him. I rushed after him, locking the door as soon as he made his way out. I had to think of something fast, because I knew that I was going to have to leave with Marcus. I had to do it to protect my family.