"Besides, even if we find out Monica is not able to handle the physical responsibilities, we will recruit her solely to work in our science division," Director Fury adds.

 "Wait, weapons?" Mom inquires. I know I'll be getting in trouble, oops. "You just mean the repulsors?"

 "No, it is a fully equipped Iron Man suit according to Stark's assessment of it."

 "What exactly makes it a fully equipped Iron Man suit?"

 "Two hand guns, missiles, detonators, and grenades," Tony clicks his tongue, "Along with a few small one-offs."

 "Monica Potts! You told me the only thing you had was repulsors. You lied to me and that's too dangerous not to mention how did you get missiles and bombs and things that explode?" She looks horrified as she shakes her head at me.

 "I made them and-"

 "You made missiles?! What on earth did you think you needed them for?"

 "Yes and-"

 "Do your grandparents even know? I trusted my own parents to actually take care of you but instead they let you create weapons?!"

 "What's wrong without the girl making a few weapons without telling you?" Tony jumps into the argument, "Apparently we make things that you don't tell me about too."

 "Are you being serious right now?" My mom spits fire at him.

 "Can we talk about this later?" I lean my forehead into my hand.

 "Fine," My mom huffs, obviously very upset.

 Wonderful, now my mom is not too fond of me at the moment. I need at least one parent to be calm and logical; I'm not willing to be one cent that that will be Tony.

 Tony is silent as the atmosphere in the room has become thick with tension. I can tell he is biting his own tongue from saying something. His jaw is obviously clenched; I'm almost surprised he hasn't cracked a tooth from doing so. "Assuming Monica went through training and she's now part of the Avengers, what would happen after training?" My mom asks the director, who I temporarily forgot was in the room.

 "She'd go back living with you or wherever she was living before until we need her again," Director Fury replies as my mom slowly nods, "She will be given assignments as needed. She will start off as a level one agent and work her way up. She may be used just for scientific and technology research or she may face combat depending on how she shows her value; either is expected. I'm sure you're both aware of the random hours."

 My mom looks over at Tony who still refuses to make eye contact. She sighs as Director Fury stands up to leave, "I'll leave you alone to discuss your decision."

 Now without the ear of the director, I have a moment to discuss everything over with my parents. Mom does not waste one second for fearing another awkward silence, "Monica, we know what your answer is but-"

 "I don't," Tony interrupts, "I don't know anything about my own kid. I would like to know what her answer is."

 "But I just want you to think about what you'd be giving up," My mom ignores him, "This isn't some simple job that you'll be able to quit if you realize you don't want to do it anymore. This is a huge commitment and you're only seventeen. I want you to think about the pros and cons first."

 "Cons would be leaving you, Alex, grandma and grandpa behind," I start my list aloud, "I probably wouldn't go for my masters or doctorates degree , and just graduate with my associate's. I would not be on my own time anymore, and potentially being in danger."