Epilogue

Phoenix lay slumped on the couch inside her apartment, lazily watching her favorite show of all time: Sherlock. She may have been one of the most US patriotic teenagers in all of North Florida, but she had to admit, the UK had some quality entertainment.

Right as John Watson (played by Martin Freeman, who Phoenix thought looked hot for his age despite her little sister's opinion) was about to say who dunnit, the home phone rang alarmingly. Phoenix groaned. After pausing her program, she trudged over to the home phone, an old cord phone that clung to the wall by its receiver. She lifted the phone from the stand and answered with a sigh. "Hello?"

"You know, I believe a simple thank you is in order." The caller snarled. Phoenix's muscles tensed at recognizing the voice. She grimaced.

"Thank you?" She repeated sourly. "Ha! Thank you for what, chasing my sister around the continent? For attempting to kill her and her friends, who are just teenagers?"

The person on the other end sighed. "If only it had worked out, but no, that's not what I meant. The Thank you  is for allowing myself to be hung on a flagpole by a Philadelphian street-rat."

"Ah, yes that." Phoenix smiled, playing with the phone cord. "Hillary told of that over the phone two nights ago. I'm going to have to high-five Fioltus for coming up with that stunt."

"I can't stand that kid- giving me orders like he's a god or something!" He scoffed. "Just because Fioltus is Nyx's son doesn't mean he can just run around-"

"Awe, is Chiron envious of a highschooler?" She teased.

"How do you mortals put it?... Ah yes- shut up." Chiron snapped blatantly. "If there's someone to blame for me going after your sister and her colleagues, its you! If it weren't for you giving away their location to me and my soldiers, they wouldn't be in danger the whole time!"

Phoenix gritted her teeth. The centaur was right: she had let him know where the demigods were, ever since they came back from Henry's Park. And she had hated every bit of it all.

"I say, young Hillary is pretty stupid to answer your phone calls- if you were doing that to me, it'd be pretty obvious that you were selling me out." Chiron continued.

"Shut up," she growled, but Phoenix could tell the centaur was smirking with pride as he always did when something was going his way. She hated it when he did that. 

"Why don't I just stop giving you information, huh?" Phoenix threatened. "That'll teach you not to mock me."

Chiron tutted. "That would be a bad decision on your behalf, Phoenicia." Phoenix rolled her eyes. She also hated it when he called her by her real name- just because she was named after a thriving Greek city-state didn't mean she was fond of it. "If you were to quit your end of the deal, then I would have to quit mine, meaning once we capture Sierra and the others-"

"If  you capture them-"

"When  we capture them," Chiron re-corrected. "We will execute them all justly... including Hillary. And she will suffer in Tarturus with the rest of the demigod scum the gods call 'Heroes'. She's becoming like them, dear. You might want to make our success quick before she's too late to save."

Phoenix felt a lump grow in her throat. Hillary was becoming more like the demigods each day, believing that the gods should be the rightful rulers of this world when they destroyed theirs in the first place. She couldn't let that happen- the reasons why were pretty self-explanatory to her. 

"Ooh, you might want to get some ice, Phoenicia, because I believe you couldn't take the heat of that one." Chiron laughed snootily.

"Ass-hole," she hissed through a locked jaw.

"I'm sorry, What was that? You're cutting out.." Chiron countered.

Phoenix deeply inhaled then sighed. "The only reason I'm doing this is to ensure Hillary's protection with me after you take over Olympus, alright? Literally the only reason- not because of my father nor Fioltus."

"If that's what you keep telling yourself, sure, go on ahead." Chiron chimed. He cut the connection. 

Phoenix tiptoed to the couch and sunk back inside the cushions. After seconds of silence, she whimpered in grief. She wiped the tears from her eyes as she recalled a faded memory from her childhood. She had promised herself she wouldn't think of it anymore, but now that was all that replayed in her mind. 

"Never again," she sobbed, her tough girl exterior shattering from emotional agony. She was now speaking out loud as if her little sister was sitting in the chair in front of her. "I'm so sorry, Hillary. I can't loose another sibling... I just can't. And the worse part is, you don't even remember Kendell. It's all his  fault."

Phoenix looked up from her crying and stared angrily out the window. It was now thunder-storming outside. The sky danced with lightning and dark clouds- all seemed, in her mind, to be mocking Phoenix. She scowled- she never had and never will smile at a thunder storm- especially when lightning struck. Because the beholder of that lightning was her biggest hatred and yet her biggest fear.

And so would it be Hillary's... if she could just remember.

THE LOST GODDESS: THE STORY OF ARTEMIS COMING DECEMBER 2017

**AUTHORS NOTE: OH MY GODS, I HAVE FINISHED MY FIRST BOOK!! AHHHH!! I'M SOOO EXCITED THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DREAM THE STORY IN MY HEAD AND HAVE THE TALENT TO BLAH  IT OUT ON THE INTERNET!! THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY, AND IF YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH, STAY TUNED FOR BOOK TWO: THE TIME WARP!!! WHICH WILL BE STARTED AROUND APRIL 2018! I WANNA THANK MY BIGGEST SUPPORTER OF MY WRITING, MY SISTER AND COWRITER, ELIZABETH MODELA! I AM THE COWRITER OF HER MAIN WORK, THE METAHUMANS!! CHECK IT OUT, BRAH!! PEACE OUT!!**