FIFTEEN ⚡️ TORTURE

Start from the beginning

"We called dibs on her on Saturday," Artemis cut in, After two months of moping around, Bats finally ordered that we take her out and buy her some new clothes. He's upset her wardrobe is more vampire-like than his."

Everyone laughed at the comment, sensing the truth behind it. Leaning back in my seat, I wrote off the queasy feeling in my stomach as pre-mission nerves. I couldn't let them get in the way. It was my first real mission, and I wouldn't be messing it up.

~*~

"Status?"

"They changed the codes," I groaned mentally, rapidly typing in every code I knew from my years with the villains. One of them had to work, "This can't be- wait, hang on. I might have one."

Racking my brain for Lucy's birthday, I carefully typed in the numbers, grinning when the door swung up for me and Wally, "Thank you Harley."

"What was the code?" Wally asked, voice a mere whisper as we approached the main computer.

"Harley's daughter's birthday," I inserted a flash-drive- given to me by Dick before we separated- into the computer, letting all the hacking software on the device work its magic.

"Harley has a daughter?"

"Well, yeah. Good to know the heroes didn't know about her. And you shouldn't report it either. She's Harley's world, honestly," a pop-up asked for a password. Based on the last code, I input Harley and Ivy's ship name. If Lucy's birthday was the last, then that meant Harley was in charge of passwords for that compound, which lead to the reasonable conclusion of Harlon.

"Alright, plans, plans, plans," my eyes swiftly scanned over the different files on the screen. None of them were for a machine. They were simple things that wouldn't need to be guarded. Past plans, weapons transmissions, identities, funds, "This doesn't make any sense."

"What's wrong?" Wally peeked over my shoulder.

"Guys, there's nothing on this computer. No plans for a machine, anyway. Just past data that isn't useful to us." There was figurative static from the mental coms.

"I can't tell you how proud I am, (Y/n)."

In the computer screen, I watched the color drain from Wally's and my faces. We knew that voice, despised it. And suddenly, it became all too obvious why there was nothing useful on the computer.

"Klarion."

"What? Not calling me Father anymore?" Klarion tilted his head, stepping out of the shadows, "I thought our relationship was developing quite nicely, (Y/n). It appears I was wrong about that, along with many other things."

"Klarion is here. We need backup now!"

"We're on our-"

"Guys? Guys!" The static resumed.

"Oh no. I'm not letting you go that easily," Klarion snapped his fingers, and Wally and I were frozen in place, "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted. I am so proud of you (Y/n). You take wicked to a whole new level. Switching sides whenever you feel like it, betraying everyone as soon as they feel like they can trust you. The true start of a master villain."

I tried to choke out words, only managed a choking sound instead. The magic seemed to crush my vocal cords as well as my body.

"Well, you can be a villain after I kill your little plaything of course." Klarion rolled his eyes when both of us panicked, "Oh come on. You should have seen this coming. You must cut all ties to good before you can continue. I made a mistake by thinking you could do it yourself. But, like many parents, I need to step in. I killed your mother because she believed there was good. Maybe a spell would push you to kill him. Until then, how about your favorite pastime? Conditioning! This time, you'll have your boyfriend with you."