I backed up and stood in front of Lennon's sleeping body in case a fight broke out between Herra and Oryn. Their spats were common, short-lived but deadly. Wolves without an Alpha couldn't live in groups for very long; our instincts pushed us each to claim the Alpha role regardless if we had Alpha blood in us. Herra and Oryn were constantly fighting over the title, though I couldn't imagine why; they were both horrible leaders.

They continued to fight with each other, yelling, hitting, shoving, while I stroked Lennon's fur. She was humming slightly, dazed in her dreams.

I was able to sleep that night because Herra took watch for the first time in weeks. Although I could comfortably rest, my mind was awake and buzzing with images of a Hazel eyed man who waited for me across the boundary line.

I begrudgingly clambered up and walked away from our camp. Herra watched me with cold eyes, and nodded as I trekked closer to the boundary.

I could sense the pack ground in front of me and sat with my back to a tree across from it. I sighed and waited, wondering when my mate would show up. Another pack wolf ran by, glanced at me, and darted off in another direction. Soon, his presence became heavy around me.

He was in his human form, shirtless, but he had the decency many wolves didn't to put pants on. I moved to stand up until he sat on the other side of the boundary line, cross legged.

"I'm not on your territory," I jutted out awkwardly.

"I know," He smiled, wringing his hands together.

"Okay," I nodded, looking down at my knees, pulled in close in front of me.

"It's late," He said, looking up at the dark sky.

"I know," I tucked my hair behind my right ear. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," He smiled.

"I need to see him."

"Wesley?" I nodded. "He's sleeping now. You can see him in the morning."

"I can't stay 'til morning."

"Sure you can," He smirked. He was trying to appear humorously but I could feel the seriousness in his words as well.

"Cam," I grumbled, scratching my skin roughly to calm my nerves.

"What is your name?" He nearly shouted, smiling although he was huffing. I closed my mouth quickly and I felt my head tuck inward towards my chest. "I'm sorry," He chuckled, exhaling loudly. "I just don't even know what to call you."

"Gemma," I mumbled, biting on the inside corner of my lip.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

"My name is Gemma," I said, clearing my throat.

"I didn't quite get that," He smirked.

"Well I'm not going to shout it at you." I said loudly, nearly shouting in anger.

He laughed as I stared at him.

"I like it," He decided. "Gemma."

"Yep, that's my name," I tailed off. "I should go."

"So, you just stopped by to see your friend? I had nothing to do with it?" He looked around absentmindedly as he spoke. His arrogance reminded me of Oryn, but not as annoying or threatening.

"You are just so full of yourself, aren't you?" I stood up from the ground and brushed myself off. Cam stood up at the same time and tucked his hands in his pockets. The action pushed his arm muscles out shamelessly.

"How can I not be? My mate stops by in the middle of the night, making up excuses to come talk to me," He laughed. I grunted and turned around, putting my back to him. "Oh, come on, I'm just playing around."

I pivoted on my foot and walked towards him, ignoring how his smiled grew the closer I got.

"This isn't a game to me." My voice broke in the middle of my sentence. His smile dropped slightly and he stepped back.

"I know," He murmured, lowering his eyes.

"I need to see him," I pleaded, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Well, you'll get to now," He nodded strangely, taking a step away from me.

"What do you mean? You just told me I couldn't see him," I leaned away.

He looked down at my feet, and eventually my eyes followed his. There was nothing near them, but I felt the strange pull on my mind.

"You crossed our territory," Cam said softly, looking at me with pity. "You have to meet with the Alpha now." 

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey gems, so sorry this update took a few weeks. I have started my fourth year at college and time got away from me. I'm settling into things now so these updates should be coming more frequently. 

xoxo, 

Emma