Chapter Forty One- Hug day

Beginne am Anfang

Before I could find oxygen to take in, he pulled me in a hug. Oh my god! He so did not!!!

"What the hell!" I whispered-yelled, making sure no one else heard me.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating against mine, "Not changed at all huh?"

"Lemme go!!" I tried to wiggle out of his hold while holding a smile onto my lips for others to see.

He pulled away a second later, "You look," His dark blue eyes trailed up and down my body, making feel suddenly insecure. "Beautiful..."

He's not the Josh I last saw. Who left four years ago. Back then he had a braces, oiled parted blond hair, and short height with lanky figure.

But, now... he was good four inches taller than me, his hair were messy, he had no glasses or braces. And he had broad shoulders with muscles all over him.

"And I?" He whispered, giving me his signature smirk, which back then made him look evil but now... honestly? Asshole.

I frowned at him, "Jerk."

He chuckled, walking away. He took a seat on the empty couch. I looked around and saw almost everyone was comfortable sitting on their seats.

Jesus! No...

Not having a choice, I sat beside him and rolled at my eyes as he smirked, knowing the score was already 2/0.

I hated him.

"The dinner is ready." Marissa announced and I just wanted to run to her and pull her into a bear hug for rescuing me.

I sprinted to the table before he could find his seat anywhere near me, and sat beside my mom. On my other side, sat Mrs. Simpson.

Yes! 2/1 it is.

Suddenly Mrs. Simpson started to stand up. I wanted to pull her down and beg her to sit with me. She smiled at Josh. "You guys might wanna sit together. Go ahead. I'll sit with your father."

Oh, I'm already losing my appetite.

Karma's a bitch, babe.

3/1.

He dropped down beside me with that stupid smirk still intact. Oh, how I wanted to swipe it off his face.

And then the dinner started. I stuffed my plate and quickly took few spoons in knowing I wouldn't be able to eat much anyway.

Just then, I felt his hand on my thigh causing me to jerk up, bumping my knee on the table and almost causing the glass of water on mum's side to spill.

My parents glared at me and I took a breath. "Sorry."

His hand was till there on my thigh!!!

Perv!!

I used my free hand to shove his away but, instead he grabbed my hand and held it firmly. I tried to get it out of his grip but, it was of no use. He was way stronger than I was.

I looked over at him and saw him suppressing his laughter, revolving his fork around the spaghetti and meatballs in his plate.

"Let go of my hand!!" I whispered, leaning in close to him. Without warning, he yanked his head towards me, causing me to jump away before our lips could touch. Literally.

EW!

"First, ask me out for winter formals in front of your parents and mine."

My eyes popped out of my sockets and my jaw fell ajar. He had to be kidding me! Was he out of his fucking mind?

He tightened his grip on mine, swiping his thumb on the back of my hand. His dark blue eyes drilling into mine.

I frowned and shook my head.

The four of them looked pretty engrossed in their business related conversations until,

"Elle, will you please pass me the spaghetti?" Dad asked.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

How am I going to lift that heavy bowl with one hand?

"You sure you don't want to ask me out?" He uttered through his teeth.

I glared at him and snapped out when dad cleared his throat and eyed me impatiently. This had to be a joke. But, it wasn't. it was my frigging life.

"Will you?" Dad frowned, losing it, and I wanted to cry out loud.

Left with no choice I promised him I would do it as soon as I'd hand the bowl to dad, so he let go.

Quickly, I held the heavy glass bowl with both my hands and passed it to dad.

"Ehmmm..." He cleared his throat beside me to tell me it's time.

I always thought my senior winter formals would be special and with...

That I'd hold his hand and sway along with the beautiful melodies and then he would suddenly kiss me and tell me...

Josh elbowed me and I grimaced his way.

"Mom..." I uttered and no one payed heed to me. Probably because I whispered.

"Mom!" I said, louder this time. Pair of four eyes looked at me, deadpanned.

"I-I was thinking if I can take Josh to the ball with me... but if you—"

"Oh my yes! Absolutely." She pulled into a hug, "It's an amazing idea. You two will make a beautiful couple." I coughed, causing her to pull away.

It's definitely a Hug day.

I gulped down the full glass of water in one go.

'Beautiful Couple...??? WHAT THE HELL!'

__________
Please, Vote/Comment/Share :)

~D <3