Chapter Forty- Stitches

Start from the beginning

I did a little of ballet moves on my toes as I had removed—thrown away my shoes and then twirled around.

"Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on...

You watch me bleeding until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

Tripping over myself,
I'm aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches."

I sang—yelled on top of my lungs and laughed at my own kinda depressing but funny state.

I circled around and then some more and some more and then bumped into the wall.

"Ouch...." I yelped after getting hit on my head and nose, into the stupid wall, which came out of nowhere. I should've twirled around with eyes open.

"Preparing for the dance already?" A voice made me stumble back, as I looked up meeting the pools of browns, amusing down at me.

Shit!

Oh, it wasn't a wall. It was Nobody.

Yeah... I'm back to calling him Nobody. Suits him huh!

I crouched down, putting my hands on my knees, trying to suck good share of air in my burning lungs. My chest was deeply heaving. Or perhaps it was him who I wanted to see to finally breathe.

Cheesy much? I know...

"You okay?" He touched my shoulder and I flinched away because his touch was like an electricity flux into my body.

Instead, I raised my thumb at him letting him know I was fine.

Once I was okay, I straightened up and smiled at him.

It isn't his fault if he doesn't feel the same for me, now is it?

"I thought I would bring you something to eat, you know... you didn't even come to lunch. But, you seem pretty okay dancing all alone." Okay... I liked him better when he ignored me.

I turned around and found my shoes and hair tie, which I left somewhere on the floor.

I turned off the speakers and unattached my phone, dropping it back in my bag. I flopped my ponytail over my shoulder and smiled at him.

"You didn't have to do this. I already ate." I lied and looked away, praying he wouldn't hear my betraying stomach growling right at this moment, just at the mention of food. I hadn't eaten since yesterday's ice cream.

"Don't lie to me. I saw you didn't even had your early coffee, assumed you forgot breakfast too." How could he do that!!! How...

Anger surged through my veins, "How do you know that I didn't drink my early coffee or that I skipped my breakfast?"

Staring at me while holding a tray which had a cup of coffee and a sandwich with some fries, he slowly smiled.

"I said I assumed."

Damn him!

Why the hell am I being rude to him? He's just being a FRIEND!

I turned my head back up at him and he was kneeling, starting to already pump the air in the remaining balloons.

"Thanks." I ran a hand down the length of my hair because they were all messy and tangled up.

I swept off the beads of sweat which formed on my forehead and knelt opposite to him, beside him was highly dangerous. Because, then it would've been challenging for me to keep my hands to myself.