17

Just as Munya passed out John showed up assisting her as they moved him to his room.
"He is burning up," she said rushing to the bathroom coming back with a wet towel in hand as well as some medication.

"Hmmm I should get sick more often," he said with a sly smile.
"Why would you do that?" She asked him as he drank the offered pills.
"I get to be taken care of by you," he smiled looking up at her.
"And do you really think I like this state of you," she said looking worried as he closed his eyes not responding to her question.

"Please take him out of his clothing. He is burning up," she said as John nodded his head in understanding. "Inform the doctor, I think its a cold."
Leaving the room she passed he queen who was making her way to the master bedroom.
Without another word she went to her own room. A few minutes later the sound of Munashe crying pulled her out of the room as she went to see what was bothering him.

"Has he eaten?" She asked his current nanny.
"He is refusing to eat," she said looking defeated.
Cooing to the young prince who smiled at her she made her way to the kitchen grateful when he didn't fidget much or her burns would be giving her problems.

"Do you have any mashed potatoes and gravy?" She asked the head chef.
Informing her that some where available she smiled as she was handed over a bowl and spoon.

Clapping his hands in excitement she laughed at the boy as the staff members couldn't help but simply smile at this. Going to the lounge she settled the boy down as he looked at his meal longingly. Easily feeding him without any problems she praised him when he finished his meal before giving him some water to wash down the food.

"I see even the young prince has been smitten by you," Matthias said with a fond smile looking at Munashe.
Rudo did not say anything but simply smiled as Munashe called for her attention.
"How is the king?"
"He is currently resting. Is there anything you needed?"
"Nothing at all my dear. Everyone downstairs wants to know if all is well hence they sent me," he chuckled.
She smiled at him nodding her head in understanding.
"I am sure the queen will give you some proper feedback," she said focusing on Munashe.
"I am sure she will," the old man said looking at her.

"Please excuse me I should entertain this little one with his favorite game. Placing him down she watched as he slowly stood up reaching for her hand.
Offering hers they left the lounge for his room to play with his toys.

———

A knock broke the silence in her room as one of the servers from lunch stood before her looking ashamed.
Going on her knees she cried begging for forgiveness.
"Please I beg of you. Forgive me, I am the one who poured more salt into your food. I was instructed to do so. And if the king finds out I, he will be very very angry. I beg of you to forgive me and ask him to forgive me. He only listens to you, everyone is saying this. Only you can save me and my family. They rely on my income to survive," she begged bowing her head onto the floor.

"It's okay. I forgive you. Please get off the ground," she said.
"Not until you promise to speak to the king," she begged.
"I will speak to him. Please stand," she said.
"Thank you very much," she said profusely as she stood up backing away from her door.

Sighing she went to check on Munya finding him fast asleep.
Wiping the sweat off his brow she turned to leave after making sure he was comfortable.
"And where do you think you are going?" She heard turning to see him peeking at her.
"Did I wake you? Forgive me," she said looking worried.
"Not at all. I feel rather better than before," he said as he slowly sat up.

She averted her eyes seeing he was shirtless once again as he chuckled at her actions. Seeing the vest John most likely placed for him beside the bed he pulled it on seeing her relax.
"Please," he said patting the spot beside him indicating he wanted her to sit beside him.