11

"I see you have had a taste of the true man my son can be," she chuckled. "Not even you can control him," she laughed as she walked out.
With tears running down her face from the humiliation the guards at the gate did not dare interfere as she stepped out of the palace gates.

Walking away from the palace she found herself walking towards the river. Watching the water flow freely without a worry she wished her problems could also just wash away. Some girls passed by her carrying firewood ignoring her presence.

Two men showed up carrying their hoes most likely coming from their fields.
"Now what's a flower like you doing all alone out here. Are you waiting for your boyfriend by any chance?" One of them said with a smirk.
"Or maybe she got stood up," the other laughed setting his tools down.
Moving closer to her she quickly stood up moving away from him.
"Don't be afraid," he smiled. "I just want us to talk," he laughed as her back hit something hard.

"Turning she found his friend smiling down at her.
"Just talking," he said with a sleazy smile.
"I don't want any trouble," she whispered trembling in fear as she closed her eyes.
"Are we causing any trouble brother?" The one in front of her said.

The snap of a twig had the men turning towards the direction of the noise.
"Leave her alone," she heard a familiar voice say making her become tense.
"My friend turn around and leave if you do not want a beating."
She frowned wondering how these men didn't know who it was.
"Are you alright love?" He asked as the men chuckled.
"So this is lover boy." Raising his hand to signal his men to show themselves both men froze seeing several bulky men step out of the bushes.

Opening her eyes she turned her head gasping in surprise at the sight before her. It was clear he had gone for proper grooming. His hair was neatly cut and gone was the beard he sported a while back. In place was a young man. A man who oozed authority even when clad in a simple polo shirt and jeans. In his hand he was holding his shades but was currently tapping them against his thigh in impatience.

"Are you alright?" He said taking a step closer towards her stopping when one of the men wrapped his arms around her neck.
"Listen just let us go and we will leave you be. You can continue with your date," he said in panic.
"Let her go," Munya all but whispered through clenched teeth.
Slowly releasing her he raised his arms in surrender before making a dash for it. As they tried to run away they accidentally caused Ru to fall into the cold waters as they ran blindly.

With great speed and agility Munya bolted towards her jumping into the water to pull her out. Swimming them back ashore several hands helped them out. Looking for any bruises he found none as her teeth chattered. Removing his shirt he gathered her small figure into his, holding her close to his chest trying to pass on his body heat to her. Wrapping her arms around his neck she clung closer to him seeking the same warmth he strived to provide. Making their way to his car he ordered the guard to fetch him the blanket he kept for Munashe's sake.

Wrapping it around her they made their way to the palace but upon arrival her shivering had gotten worse before he saw the blood.

"Your highness! What happened?" Gareth enquired.
"Get me the doctor," he simply said as he rushed into the house with her.
"Your highness you need to let go of her," the elderly doctor said as he took out some gauze and morphine.
As Munya pulled away from her she held onto his hand seeking some form of warmth. Exposing her abdomen a gasp escaped his lips as he looked at the wound before she was sewn back up and given some pain medication. As soon as they where alone he gently pulled her back to his chest. Wrapping his arms around her holding her hands as he tried to get her warm he flinched filling her little feet cold against his skin before using his leg to provide some form of heat.