Chapter 16. Broken

A/N

To my usual readers that read my chapters per update, I recommend reading the previous chapter again as I have made a few changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 16

Isla's POV...

"Is there somewhere we can talk?" he asked. My heart beat was going ten to the dozen again as I looked into his eyes, I may not have seen this boy before, but I know who's gene those eyes belonged to and the thought of that on its own terrified me.

After driving a few miles down the road we arrived at a little service station with a small cafe. After we both took a seat inside and ordered coffees I looked in his direction for answers. He squirmed under my gaze as he somehow became nervous.

"I know you know" he whispered.

"What?" I asked, genuinely curious now of what it was that I am meant to know.

"I saw it when you looked into my eyes, the fear. You have an idea of who I am."

He was right, I knew he was some relation of my dads as soon as I looked at him, he had my eyes. He had my dads eyes.

"Isla I'm your brother, Bailey" within that sentence all my suspicions had been confirmed but as he was older than me there was a still a few of my own questions I wanted answers to too.

"I have no doubt in you been my brother, but does my mum know about you? Obviously your older than me, I wasn't aware my dad had an affair or anything"

I took a large sip of coffee waiting for him to answer in his own time.

"Well I hope she knows, she did give birth to me after all"

With that I spat my coffee out, literally. The shock was too much, I honestly was lost for words.

"Wh-a-at? You-r my full b-brother?" I almost choked.

"Yes, you didn't know about me did you? I live with Gran, our Dads mother. She lives in America too."

My head was spinning, my legs became weak as if they was just going to collapse. I honestly was lost for words.

Every time I looked Bailey in the eyes, I had flashbacks. All my past came at once.

"I-I'm so sorry, but I can't do this" I sobbed before running out of the cafe. I didn't have time to have any seconds thoughts as my feet carried me towards my car, the blur of Baileys voice shouting after me spinning through my head.

I quickly got into the car and hit the gas. As soon as I was out of sight of the cafe I pulled over to the side of the road. I couldn't help the tears from falling down my face anymore.

Ryder's POV...

After driving around for an hour and a half to find Isla, I figured she probably doesn't want to be found and she'd come around in her own time.

Just as I heard the door open, I heard a body collapse to the floor. I ran around the corner to see Isla hysterically sobbing as soon as I caught any eye contact with her I realised it wasn't just the events of this morning that was upsetting her.

I sat down on the floor beside her, taking her in my arms. After a few moments she finally decided to speak.

"I have a brother Ryder" she said in between sobs.

"He's my full brother, and I never even knew about him" she continued.

I didn't say anything, just held her tight whilst she spoke.

"I have a Gran, in America. I didn't know Ryder. I can't think anymore"

Right before my eyes I saw a broken girl, struggling to breath at a normal heart rate. I slowly lifted her chin, wiping the tears that where freely falling down her cheeks.

"You don't need to think Isla, as long as you can feel you'll be fine. I'll protect you"

I'd never seen a girl with so much pain evident in her eyes. I don't know how anybody could bring her so many troubles, she makes me want to be a better man. It's a shame she didn't have that same affect on everybody.

I have no idea who this brother of hers was, but I was fucked off with him. Whoever hurt my Isla, upset me. That girl has suffered enough but he choses to turn her life around once again.