Chapter 15. The boy in the hooded jacket

Chapter 15

Isla's POV...

Waking up without Ryder this morning seemed rather strange, ever since I'd moved in with Ryder we'd not really bothered with separate bedrooms. I mean what was really the point? We always ended up in Ryder's bed anyway.

Searching around the house for him seemed pointless, you could easily tell his side of the bed hadn't been slept in last night, meaning Ryder had not been home. Worry rushed through me. Ryder left last night around 9 ish to follow out a job, but this was no excuse for him not coming home. No matter what the job was I'd always catch him creeping into bed in the early hours of the morning, well not today.

I was nervous about where the hell he could be, my body felt heated and I started to feel faint as I quickly dialled Ryder's number into my phone.

It dialled...and dialled...and dialled, but no answer.

I carried on calling him whilst I searched the house to find Ryder's father.

"Will?" I shouted repetitively.

Just then Will came into view. "what's the matter darling?" he asked, concern worrying him.

"Have you seen Ryder? He went on a job last night and he hasn't come home." I rushed out, the more I thought about it the more I panicked and the more times I called him to no reply, feared me the most. I honestly had no idea where he could be, I knew it was dangerous fooling with the bad boy.

"No I haven't seen him, I'm sure he'll be fine though" Will reasoned, I could tell he was trying to convince himself more than me, he was just as worried as I was.

I felt sick to my gut as I pulled my car into reverse park as I sped down the high way in search of Ryder.

23 missed calls to Ryder, no answer. 14 missed calls to Miles, no answer. 12 missed calls to Chase, no answer. 0 missed calls to Roman, to an answer. Typical.

"Have you seen Ryder?" I asked Roman down the phone.

"No, I haven't seen any of the boys. I spoke to Chase last night when he was with the boys, that was early hours in the morning. They all seemed pretty drunk, I think they all went back to Miles place"

Some tension was released when I turned around towards Miles house, maybe nothing bad had happened after all. Pulling up to his house I banged on the door, after multiple attempts the door opened to reveal Miles.

"Where's Ryder?" I snapped. I don't care how harsh I was been, but right now I needed to see Ryder to put my heart to rest.

As Ryder came into view I pushed my way past Miles as I headed towards Ryder. Anger was now taking over.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" I snapped.

"Because I knew you'd be having a bitch fit, I was going to deal with you later" he said, annoyed.

How the hell could he be annoyed at me? I was the one who was worried sick about where he was and if he was still breathing.

Anger was then filled with rage as I repetitively hit Ryder's chest shouting curse words at him.

"How could you do that to me?" I screamed between punches.

"I thought you was dead" Ryder didn't say anything, he just hugged me tightly trying to calm me down.

I couldn't face this right now, I turned on my feet and exited the house with tears streaming down my face. I liked to live on the edge, but even this was too much to me.

Ryder's POV...

Finding out that Isla thought I was dead, really made me re-think everything. What was I even putting that girl through? Seeing the anger in her face and the distraught emotions from her crying made me instantly feel guilty.

I wasn't one to think of anyone else's feelings, I was quite selfish but when it came to Isla I couldn't help but feel guilty. This girl has me whipped, and she doesn't even know how I feel. Isla was never bothered by anything, not in front of others anyway. But this morning she broke her walls down in front of the boys, which shocked me.

I'd seen Isla vulnerable before, but she's never broke down to anyone other than me. I then realised I was cracking the bad girl, and it didn't make me feel good about myself at all.

I ran out of the house to Isla, but I was too late as her car was speeding down the road. I quickly ran inside to get dressed before I climbed into my car and headed out to find Isla.

Isla's POV...

I was so mad at Ryder, and right now I was taking it out on my driving as I speeded down the highway.

Just as I caught up to the car in front, I slowed down as I thought of a way to over take the car so I could hit the pedal to the floor again. To my shock the car drifted in front of the vehicle causing me to slam on the breaks. There was no way I could get past this car as the vehicle came to a stop.

Out stepped a boy, just a bit older than me. The way he had his hood up scared me. As he came to the side of my car he opened the car gently before speaking.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I've just been trying to find ways to talk to you."

The soothing tone of his voice slowed my heart rate down a little. I looked into his deep blue eyes, I'd have known those eyes anywhere.

A/N

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, so who's the boy? Is it something to do with Ryder?

I can't wait to start writing my next chapter.

Happy Easter everyone!

Double upload tonight so keep posted.

Please vote/comment

Thankyou for reading.

Lauren x