Vaginal Care

Vaginal care:

what you should know but were to afraid to ask

There are some things that one needs to watch for. Things that aren't that common to boys. Like ,urinary tract infections. Yeast infections. Discharge. Period woes. Lets start with one that is more common then you think, and how you can help prevent this from happening.

1.Urinary Tract Infection...what is it and how do you get it. And some tips to help prevent you from getting one in the first place.

These are some of the unpleasant symptoms of urinary tract infections. Anurgen – and frequent – need to urinate, a burning pain when you pee, pressure or discomfort in your abdominal area, fever, nausea and even vomiting… About 8 million cases of this condition, which is more common in women than in men, are diagnosed annually in the United States.

To understand what could be going on, let's start by reviewing what you may have already learned in school about the functions of the urinary tract, an important part of our bodies. The urinary tract is responsible for cleaning up waste, toxins and excess fluid from the blood and removing them from the body in the form of urine. Your kidneys filter your blood as it passes through them and manufactures urine, which travels down the ureters into the bladder, which stores it until it leaves your body through the urethra.
Infections that primarily affect the urinary tract are mainly caused by bacteria hanging out in your intestines. Not all bacteria is bad and there are bacteria in your body that you actually need for proper health. That's another lesson for another time. The bad bacteria that hangouts in your intestines, specifically E. Coli, spends its time in your feces. So its especially important for you to wipe from front to back..away from your vagina.

Some symptoms of a bladder infection include:

1. Burning sensation when urinating

2.The need to urinate often (though, sometimes very little urine comes out)
3. Smelly urine

4. Blood in the urine

5. Pain in the lower abdomen

But the golden rule is that prevention is better than a cure. I recommend the following, so you can avoid the hassle and risk of lower urinary tract infections or higher ones that affect the kidneys:

1.Drink plenty of fluids, especially water..

2. After urinating or having a bowel movement, always wipe from front to back

3.When you take a shower or bath, dry your genital area from front to back. Rinse thoroughly and dry by patting or by blotting with the towel from front to back.

4.Avoid using “feminine hygiene” products that can irritate the urethra, such as douches, powders or vagina deodorants.

5.Avoid bubble baths if you notice that they irritate the area and predispose you to infection.
6.During your periods, it’s preferable to use tampons rather than sanitary towels, as they keep the area dryer, reducing the chances of a bladder infection.

What is a yeast infection? How did I get it? How do I get rid of it now that I have one?

Ask any woman that's had a yeast infection and she will probably tell you that its worse “down there” then being on your period...on your worst days. All at once. Although annoying as heck and sometimes painful, they are quite common. Usually they can be easily be treated. Here are a few ways that you can recognize, treat and prevent them.

First, lets look at what it is:

Q. What is a vaginal yeast infection?

Yeast is normally found in a healthy vagina. Sometimes the healthy balance is disrupted causing to much yeast to grow. Taking antibiotics, Hormone therapies. Illness like diabetes