ANOTHER KNOTCH ON MY BELT

Start from the beginning

"Why are you so mad?" I laughed.

"Because unlike you I have friends that actually give a shit about what's going on in my world, who actually care about me instead of what I can bring to a party, and you interrupting and being a total douche to said friend pisses me off." It was almost as if his mind just exploded through his mouth, and I could tell that he wanted to take back each and every word the moment he was finished. "Oh Keagan, I didn't-"

"No, it's fine." I smirked, causing Jamison to go from looking apologetic to annoyed again. "You and your little friend go ahead and talk, I won't bother you again." I turned to the camera and smiled at the girl on screen. "Sorry for being such a bother Livvie, it was nice meeting you."

I got up, grabbed my wallet phone, and keys, and left without another word.

I scrolled through the massive amounts of missed calls and texts I had received until I found the name I was looking for.

"Hey Blondie," I laughed as the tall blonde guy from the party last night picked up the phone. I think his name is Adam, but honestly I don't really care at this point. "What are you up too?"

"Bout to pop open a bottle and watch some stupid cartoons, no ones here besides me; you down to chill?"

"Eh, I guess." It wasn't my ideal night, but this guy has been after me since the moment we met; and if there is one thing I've learned from my childhood it's that beggars can't be choosers.

"Alright alright, come up stairs then. Doors unlocked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long for Adam... Or Darren or who ever the fuck he was to get annoying. He was a decent guy, but clingy as all hell. I thought about just fucking him and getting it over with, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Another notch on my belt was the last thing I needed. If I went back to my dorm a hot mess, it would just fuel the fire for Jamison's clear disdain for me today.

Him and I were definitely bipolar with how we felt towards each other. One minute he's a useless nerd, and then next all I want to do is sit beside him or talk with him. For him... Well it hardly seems to shift from thinking I'm just some spoiled asshole, but occasionally I get this accepting vibe from him. I don't know.

What he said earlier today didn't even really offend me, sure it stung a bit, but I've known since I was eighteen that the one and only person who would ever care about me was gone, and since then I've come to terms with that. Jana was my saving grace and now all I can do is protect myself like she taught me to.

I didn't need any body any more, and I was fine with being alone. I just never thought someone would call me out on it.

"Keagan, pass the bottle..." Adam or Darren slurred. I looked down and saw that I had drank more than three fourths of it myself so I just passed it off to him. Usually I'd fight and make him go get his own even though technically this was his own, but tonight I just wasn't feeling as feisty as I normally am.

"Look, uh, thanks for having me over dude." I said, desperately avoiding using his name. "But I'm gonna go. I'm not feeling to hot right now. I'll catch you around though."

As I stood up all the alcohol I had drank hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Why don't you stay here, my beds big enough for the two of us..."

I laughed incredulously and shook my head.

"You're cute Adam, or Darren, or who ever the fuck you are, but not tonight man."

His drunken eyes sobered up real quick as he sighed.

"You don't even know my name." I shrugged and he bit his lip. "It's Kyle for Christ sake. We've known each other for how long now?"

"Look, Kyle, I don't care right now. I'm kinda sorry alright, take that and run with it. I'll catch you later man, don't take this to heart alright?" He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything else. I took that as a good sign though. Most people who didn't want to see me again usually yelled. Quiet was good though. Quiet meant that I hurt their feelings, but not too badly that I wasn't welcomed back.

As I staggered back to my dorm I stopped in front of the vending machine and looked through all the food. Though it wasn't an ideal apology present I bought a few things of sour candy. I figured sour candy should fix a sour mood, right?

I fumbled with my key for what seemed like hours until I got it in. All the lights in the room where turned off and I could hear Jamie lightly snoring. I guess it was later than I thought... Or he was just being a dweeb and went to bed early for class in the morning.

Either way, I found a sharpie and wrote sorry all over the bags of candy before tucking them under his arm and stumbling my way back into my bed.

It wasn't much, but I figured a simple kid like Jamie would appreciate the gesture.