Chapter 14: Sanctuary

Start from the beginning

A hysterical laugh came from him, "Are you serious? This is the most safest place on this Earth right now," he spoke as he pulled out the pistol from the back of his sweats and showed me.

I snatched it from his hand and threw it across the room, "Just because you have a gun doesn't mean it could save you. Sometimes I think your ego just picks up all of your brain cells. I actually had hope you were someone who could be good."

"Good? You honestly think I'm good or I could be?" he laughed. I nodded my head, "Yes."

He shook his head, "Impossible," he laughed.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded his head with that stupid smirk. With anger, I turned on my heels and started to march out the kitchen. As I walked into the living room, I was then yanked back and spun around so I was now staring at Victor again.

His eyes were now leveled to mine and his face was now a bit concerned. "Why are you like this? I thought you would be more happy that I saved you," he mumbled.

My mouth dropped baffled by his question. It was like he heard nothing I had said. I raised my hand to slap him again but he quickly stopped my hand midway in the air.

His eyes were now glaring at me, "Don't even try," he warned me. I yanked my hand away from his and turned on my heel before walking to the door.

I then opened the entrance door only for it to be slammed shut. I turned around only to suck in a sharp breath since Victor had me now leaned up against the door trapped between his arms. 

How cliché, right?

"Where are you going?" he asked in a stern tone as he looked down at me. "Home," I plainly replied. He then lowered himself so we were now eye to eye. "Stay with me," he whispered.

His cold breath hit the side of my cheek while his words had me frozen. "W-what?" I questioned trying to find my words.

"Stay with me for a few more minute then I'll take you home," he spoke softly. I stared into his eyes to see he was serious. "Victor, I really want to go home. I just-"

"Please? I want to show you something," he spoke as he gently held my right hand.

Say no. Freya say no!

"Fine," I mumbled causing him to smile as he stood up straight.

What the hell did you do? You could say a 3 letter word but not a 2 letter word? No wonder Ethan is smarter than you.

Victor kept holding my hand and turned before gently pulling me besides him. We walked back into the kitchen and towards a back door. The back door then lead to some huge backyard which had an enormous pool indoor and outdoor, a hot tub that was also indoor and outdoor, two bars, grills and some any other thing. We walked pass it all and after a few minutes, we were no longer in the backyard. We were now walking down some grassy hill. In the distance, I could see a huge stone building.

How big is this place?

As we got closer, he opened the door and walked in with me behind him. As I walked in, I looked around to see we were in a small room. Victor closed the door behind us then walked up to another door before holding it open for me. I walked in and I felt my hair raised on my arm from the coldness. Looking around, I saw some gates that was built up about 20 feet along with trees and rocks. In the distance, I could see that there was some huge animal in the distance. As it got closer, it felt like my heart had dropped. It was a lion.

The lion purred as he came out from behind the trees and walked up to the gate. As it got closer, it kept it's eyes on me. "This is Loki," Victor stated. I looked towards him to see he was unlocking the gate.